Blog Swap?

twiggly

Visit site
As a follow on from 'Updated Blog: Hunting for my Horse' thread.

How many of you write a blog? Horse related or not?

I began one this year which is about riding in different places around the world, it's in it's early stages at the moments so I've only posted about Poland, Spain and the Canary Islands, but planning one about Mexico.

www.sprightlysteeds.weebly.com

What do you think? I'd welcome some feedback!

I really enjoy reading blogs, so if you're feeling brave please post yours!
:)

Tinypony

Visit site
As a follow on from 'Updated Blog: Hunting for my Horse' thread.

How many of you write a blog? Horse related or not?

I began one this year which is about riding in different places around the world, it's in it's early stages at the moments so I've only posted about Poland, Spain and the Canary Islands, but planning one about Mexico.

www.sprightlysteeds.weebly.com

What do you think? I'd welcome some feedback!

I really enjoy reading blogs, so if you're feeling brave please post yours!
:)

Testing... having trouble posting...

twiggly

Visit site
Your blog's really interesting Tinypony. I've never been to a clinic but would really like to go to one, now I even have a vague idea of what might happen at them! Do you organise specifically for a certain theme or a variety? Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:

twiggly

Visit site
Watched a bit of your latest video Leg_end. Lovely ears on your horse! Also so jealous of that big field. I like the honesty in your blog about going barefoot.

Undecided

Visit site
I've only written two posts (one of which being today!) so I don't think mine counts as a blog yet. It was meant to be about our university adventure from Wales to England but currently its turning into my 3rd summer of rehabbing a broken wanabe dressage cob :(

Tinypony

Visit site
Your blog's really interesting Tinypony. I've never been to a clinic but would really like to go to one, now I even have a vague idea of what might happen at them! Do you organise specifically for a certain theme or a variety? Looking forward to the next one.

I organise clinics for Steve Halfpenny from Silversand Horsemanship, and Amanda Barton, who is one of Mark Rashid's trainee instructors. Had some great clinics with Tom and Sarah Widdicombe a few years back. I'm just talking to Kate Sandel about maybe doing something with her (www.softandsound.org), which would be really interesting.

The first of my clinics is with Amanda in May, near Crowborough. Loads of stuff to go and see in the UK this year - Mark Rashid, Martin Black, Jeff Sanders, The Horsemans's Challenge event... I'm going to get to as many as possible, so the blog should be packed!

I really enjoy reading blogs (well, most of them anyway!), so will be following all the links here.

Spencer93

Visit site
Bit irrelevant but....The place you rode in Tenerife, do you know how far it is from the airport? Tenerife south? I'm out there next week for uni and my back flight is leaving a lot later in the day than everyone elses, your blog inspired me to see if I could get a ride in the time between :)

twiggly

Visit site
Bit irrelevant but....The place you rode in Tenerife, do you know how far it is from the airport? Tenerife south? I'm out there next week for uni and my back flight is leaving a lot later in the day than everyone elses, your blog inspired me to see if I could get a ride in the time between :)

Hi Spencer93 it's in South Tenerife, about 20 minutes I think from Playa De Las Americas. Which is about 30 minutes from the airport (I think, not totally sure) I'll PM you.

c2b

Visit site
I have had a blog for the last 7 years. I will only have this one horse. I came very late to horses so it's a wonderful record for me if not for anyone else of our time together.

Queenbee

Visit site
I've recently started this one, it's about the beast, I posted a lot about our journey last year and a number of people asked if I would continue this year, so I started a blog, no major posts on there yet, just a few updates as we've only just started riding this month, but his transformation will be documented on there, was only just talking to YO about booking lessons and our first sj competition today! :) I've also just taken on the care of a friends lovely little mare, so there will be updates on her progress frm time to time too.

http://bennevisthejourney.wordpress.com/

twiggly

Visit site
Queenbee I really enjoyed reading your blog, your and Ben's story is captivating. Looking forward to more updates. :)

TGM

Visit site
What a lovely blog - I must get round to exploring more on horseback abroad. I did a ride near Cairns in Australia, which incorporated a waterfall swim, which was wonderful, but that is about it!

This is my daughter's blog:

http://annahollis.weebly.com/

Mainly about eventing but also a bit of hunting, tetrathlon, dressage etc.

twiggly

Visit site
I have a blog that I try and update once a week. This last week has been bonkers though and it has been 2 weeks since I last posted. If you want to check it out, feel free. :)
http://eventingdownunder.wordpress.com/
I like your blog's style. Also, the image of your dog as a massage guinea-pig really made me chuckle. And I LOVE the horse fashion show. Looking forward to more updates.

twiggly

Visit site
What a lovely blog - I must get round to exploring more on horseback abroad. I did a ride near Cairns in Australia, which incorporated a waterfall swim, which was wonderful, but that is about it!

This is my daughter's blog:

http://annahollis.weebly.com/

Mainly about eventing but also a bit of hunting, tetrathlon, dressage etc.

Wow that Cairns ride sounds superb, any pics?
What an interesting blog, really detailed. Great photos and videos too. Also, what does a tetrathlon include?

Tinypony

Visit site
Reading all of these has added another thing that distracts me from getting work done - brilliant! I've just re-started mine, let's see if I can keep it up.

twiggly

Visit site
Reading all of these has added another thing that distracts me from getting work done - brilliant! I've just re-started mine, let's see if I can keep it up.
Really interesting latest post, I'd never heard of this young horse competition thing before, is there a particular name for it?
Also, what's shanking?

miss_c

Visit site
The floaty legs cover image is great! The beach that you went to looks lovely, where is it?

That picture was taken by our very own PapaFrita when she was over this year! :D The beach is Brean & Berrow in Somerset. One of the longest stretches of unbroken sand in Europe, and only an hour away from us! :D

NaeNae87

Visit site
I like your blog's style. Also, the image of your dog as a massage guinea-pig really made me chuckle. And I LOVE the horse fashion show. Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks! I just started it as a way to record things that happen with the boys. It's a good pick me up... If I ever have a bad time with one of them I can scroll back and see all the progress that we have made.

Ruby had a great time having massages especially after a hard afternoon of jumping xc jumps and swimming in the water jump. :) The ladies loved her so much that they were fighting to take her home if anything happens to me.

The pony comes and does the fashion show every 6 months. He is so well behaved and patient, even with rugs that are too big, lots of kids, music and not to mention the fact that he is actually inside the store itself.

I love the pictures in your blog, especially the ones of Rancho del Rio in Malaga. So pretty. :)