Blogs, eventing and sponsors....Please help

TopTotty

Visit site
Hi, I am trying to give eventing my best shot this year and am looking at ways to promote myself. I have set up a blog at www.livetoevent.blogspot.com and a facebook page Live To Event and I am going to try and get some sponsors. Does anyone else have any experience or advice for me. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks so much
smile.gif

lizzieb

Visit site
Good luck to you. The only thing I will say is make sure you keep your blog up to date as there's nothing worse than a blog which hasn't been updated for months!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I would try and establish you blog for a few months before contacting sponsors and hopefully by then be able to show that it is established and has a good number of followers. I started mine in May last year and now have quite a high number of visitors each week which helps attract the sponsors.

TableDancer

Visit site
Talk to Chloe_GHE as she has had tremendous success with this. I think she has a real flair for it, but I'd say the most important thing is to keep it updated with lively content, then people will keep coming back to see what you've been up to. That will build up your numbers which will, in turn, attract the sponsors.

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
Although I am an instructor not aspiring eventer I have had a super experience running my blog, brought me some amazing opportunities and I got to meet some fab people thanks to it. Definitely keep it up to date, put photos and videos of your competitions, results, high and lows.
Good luck!
laugh.gif

now_loves_mares

Visit site
I like the blog, best of luck! I second talking to Chloe, her blog/website is great and doing very well. As everyone else has said, keep it up to date! Horsey websites are notorious in my experience for never being updated, and it drives me bonkers
mad.gif

Looking forward to reading more!
cool.gif