Blood on the floor!!!!!

Eloisee

Visit site
I've just come home to find blood (not just a few drops) on my kitchen floor from one of my dogs! Both males, neutered. I have a Chihuahua, 4 years old and and springer spaniel, 11. Neither of them have been acting out of the ordinary. The chihuahua if he can't hold it, does pee on the floor occasionally but as my spaniel has gotten a little older he sometimes does it too so I don't know which one it's come from! Obviously I am taking them both to the vet tomorrow but what could it be?! The blood wasn't mixed in the wee so maybe thinking its come from the anus ... Looked at both of their pirvates and no blood on the hair around their penis. Sorry I know it sounds gross and awful but just trying to give the best description. Obviously hoping its not prostate cancer :(

Last edited:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Could one of them have bitten their tongue? Mine does this sometimes, bleeds very lurid red blood for a short period then it stops just as quickly. Looks worse than it is if he shakes it off or distributes it over my hands or clothing.....

Eloisee

Visit site
I actually didn't think of that! But at night they both settle together and don't play so strange as to why it would happen
However, the blood was in droplets towards the backdoor .. Although the water bowl is in that direction

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I would certainly look in their mouth if I found blood on the floor, ears, paws and wipe their private parts with some toilet roll to see if anything comes to light.

Can you take a wee sample of them both tomorrow morning before you take them to the vet?

Bellasophia

Visit site
Nosebleed? This would give droplets of blood.
Check paw pads for a split pad...go over dog for dried blood..maybe torn nail....do let us know the outcome.

Eloisee

Visit site
Phew! I do think I over reacted a tinnnyyyy bit last night! Hah! I just had it in my head it was internal blood coming out! It's the older dog, he's got a few bad teeth and I think he must has lost one last night cos there's one missing this morning! Panic over, just love my babies so much and had blood from cancer from previous dog

Bellasophia

Visit site
That's a relief!
If you don't already clean his teeth I would definitely get some dental spay and put it on a damp gauze,rub the teeth and you will definitely see an I provement in tartar levels.
On my old girl I also used a dental pick and could pop off tartar in lumps before it affected the gums .

Pebble101

Visit site
Glad you have it sorted. My parents bitch was at the vets this morning as she was having trouble peeing and there was some blood - she has got cystitis.