Bloody annoyed - Sj

stacey_lou

Visit site
I went to a show this weeked and had entered a nice easy 2'9 class for starters the jumps didnt even look 2'9 and my horse and I had had a good warm up had taken him round the Minimus at 2'3 for a warm up and the course set out in the show ring was pretty straigt forward no silly turns of overly wide jumps. We entered the show ring and headed for the first jump and I was fighting him the whole way for a stright line up to fence and with a lot of leg cleared it then when I headed for the secind jump i fort with him and eventually got on line to the fence and he refused it twice and strted acting like a twat. So i took him out and jumped him round a 2'9 / 3'0 minimus and we cleared the whole thing!!!!!!

So annoyed beacuse he shew me up and my nerves were fine and I made sure of that but it was all him. May I should invest in ear plugs or sheeps skin nose and check strap covers. any ideas?

dieseldog

Visit site
You could always buy a new horse. Seriously, I would get some lessons and ask someone at the show who saw him jumping what they thought went wrong.

flyingfeet

Visit site
How often do you take him to things? Ringcraft has to be learned by horses, which means lots of outings until they jump as they do at home (or hopefully better due to extra buzz)

stacey_lou

Visit site
I have a friend of mine who traines top class horses and he said my boy could go far if I am willing to put in the hard work to get him there and I wouldnt give him up for the world. Hes a good jumper but its just gettin the concentration in the show ring. whether it be ear plugs or nose band cover

dieseldog

Visit site
Your friend has already told you that you need to put some hard work into your horse and it sounds like you respect your friend so I would follow his advice, why don't you ask him to give you a lesson?

Please be careful about putting things in your horses ears as you might damage them. If showjumping was that easy every horse would be wearing a sheepskin noseband
tongue.gif

stacey_lou

Visit site
lol true and I am working hard with him and he gives me a lesson every week and the rest of the time Its up to me. My horse and I used to jump out every week up untill a few years ago I had an accodent and took time out from competing. Hes 14 so should know better

mystiandsunny

Visit site
It is how often you go out too. Do you work yours the day before a show? Just wondering 'cause I've found the solution to buckaroo acts from pure excitement with mine is a good long, fast hack the day before!