Bloody cheek!

Merrick

Visit site
We moved 400 miles north last September and whilst buying our own land we kept our 2 ponies and 2 horses at a yard advertising livery vacancies. We moved them onto our own land in November.
I have just been told that while our horses and ponies were at the (loosely termed) livery yard a local contractor went to give a quote for some work. As he and his wife have competition horses he noticed ours and asked the yo whose they were. Apparently the yo said they were his and that they had been "donated" to him!
As if! The contractor (who ironically lives a few hundred yards from our own field and building plot) was put right by some mutual friends and suspects this was an attempt at keeping the quote down as admitting to £100 a week income from liveries would have reduced "bargaining power" but was also out of pure jealousy.... I am fuming! How dare someone " lay claim" to our animals? I suppose I should be flattered but this is the last of a long string of incidents and lies by these people! Livery yard my ****.

sarahann1

Visit site
And breathe....but yes, very cheeky indeed.

You're off the yard now, you have that brilliant feeling of standing and looking over your own land with pride (well in my day dreams it's a brilliant feeling :) ), focus on that instead :)

twiggy2

Visit site
It's hearsay, I don't understand the problem though even it it is what was said. If it is true then it was probably because they did not declare the income and were worried about being reported

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
We moved 400 miles north last September and whilst buying our own land we kept our 2 ponies and 2 horses at a yard advertising livery vacancies. We moved them onto our own land in November.
I have just been told that while our horses and ponies were at the (loosely termed) livery yard a local contractor went to give a quote for some work. As he and his wife have competition horses he noticed ours and asked the yo whose they were. Apparently the yo said they were his and that they had been "donated" to him!
As if! The contractor (who ironically lives a few hundred yards from our own field and building plot) was put right by some mutual friends and suspects this was an attempt at keeping the quote down as admitting to £100 a week income from liveries would have reduced "bargaining power" but was also out of pure jealousy.... I am fuming! How dare someone " lay claim" to our animals? I suppose I should be flattered but this is the last of a long string of incidents and lies by these people! Livery yard my ****.
very common, I sent my mare to be sold, she was useful to them [RS]!

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
And breathe....but yes, very cheeky indeed.

You're off the yard now, you have that brilliant feeling of standing and looking over your own land with pride (well in my day dreams it's a brilliant feeling :) ), focus on that instead :)

This, I envy you, would love to have my own land away from the busy bodies and control freaks. Good luck with your new place, Oz

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Might be a problem with the council. I know one or two people who have had planning passed for stables but only on condition they are for their own animals, not liveries.

Capriole

Visit site
Might be a problem with the council. I know one or two people who have had planning passed for stables but only on condition they are for their own animals, not liveries.

This is what it sounds like to me too. I'd be massively surprised if it was about jealousy and 'laying claim' to your horses, it's more likely to be that they haven't got planning for liveries/not paying tax/rates etc.

I think it's nothing for you to worry about, personally.