Bloody dog ate one of my Roeckl leather gloves!

yhanni

Visit site
And they don't seem to make them any more. They were butter soft leather and I only wore them for lunging/loading/leading etc where I might possible get dragged about. Can anyone recommend something similar please? I am gutted. One dog pinched it off the table and the other dog ate it . . . the bu88ers!

Annagain

Visit site
I have Mark Todd ones and I really like them. They've last ages too. I normally wear them through where my wedding ring is (I have no idea how!) but they've lasted much longer than other gloves.

pansymouse

Visit site
Gloves are my "thing", I have enough pairs to be the hands version of a centipede :oops:; without doubt the best leather ones I've come across are Tuffa Dereham - the fit, feel and quality are excellent and they're only £20 a pair. The leather is much better wearing than more fashionable brands but still unlikely to be dog proof!

bluepegasus

Visit site
Feel for you.... dog ate my daughters Ariat boots, well to be fair just one!!! She's generous like that! :rolleyes: Gorgeous but a horror!

Attachments

• Ruby 2.jpg
    Ruby 2.jpg
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 2

Barlow

Visit site
I feel your pain! I used to be a Roeckl fan but then Signature Leather came to my yard and I haven’t looked back! Only an extra £10 more and now I have handmade English leather gloves which are soft as anything but hardy.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I'm a big Roeckl fan and one of my dogs ate the finger off one of my glove. Damm dog!! But wasn't as bad as when it chewed one of my YSL shoes, poshest pair of shoes I have and I'd had them for about 15 years too.

yhanni

Visit site
Some lovely suggestions on here! Thank you. My night shift will fly by with a little shopping - perfect! I once got rope burn from a mini Shetland and I have never known pain like it - the only injury (and I have had plenty) that has ever stopped me sleeping! Then it got infected. So, I feel very vulnerable without gloves.

{97702}

Visit site
Yhanni they are obviously second hand - and more importantly they are cream 😱 - but I found a pair of Roeckel gloves today that I forgot I owned! You are very welcome to them if they would be of any use to you, just PM me your address - anyone who owns a Mastiff and an EBT is definitely a good person in my book 😂

yhanni

Visit site
Yhanni they are obviously second hand - and more importantly they are cream 😱 - but I found a pair of Roeckel gloves today that I forgot I owned! You are very welcome to them if they would be of any use to you, just PM me your address - anyone who owns a Mastiff and an EBT is definitely a good person in my book 😂
Wow!! Thank you Levrier - I have got monster size 8 hands though! Would I be able to squash my great mitts in them?

{97702}

Visit site
Wow!! Thank you Levrier - I have got monster size 8 hands though! Would I be able to squash my great mitts in them?

Quick dash to the spare room - these are 7 1/2s according to the label? They are so soft, I’d forgotten.... I had to have a rummage around to make sure they were both there! There is some discolouration of the leather from using rubber reins

yhanni

Visit site
Quick dash to the spare room - these are 7 1/2s according to the label? They are so soft, I’d forgotten.... I had to have a rummage around to make sure they were both there! There is some discolouration of the leather from using rubber reins
Well, I'd be happy to buy them from you if you're sure you don't need them? I am really grateful for your thoughtfulness x