Bloody Fireworks

Chavhorse

Visit site
It is nearly 11 am and I am sitting in my living roonm and it is like being in bloody Beiruit!

The Beagle is snoring on the sofa, the Jack Russell is as close as possible and my poor collie is sitting bolt upright shaking he is so scared hs is making himself sick I put him outside the first time and he acted like he had been thrown into no mans land. I have now resorted to a peice of newspaper in the kitchen....Nice.

I am waiting for my cleaner to turn up to take over from me for a couple of hours so I can go and ride.

Happy new year
mad.gif

bushbaby28

Visit site
that from last night? poor thing. My collie has got sedatives for tonight as otherwise he just shakes as soon as it gets dark for weeks afterwards. Hoping that he'll be asleep and not notice.

Bonfire night is a nightmare. Had big argument with older sister this year as she wanted me to go to a display with her but I couldn't because I was dog sitting. she just couldn't grasp that there was no way I could just leave him alone- I don't do anything special or make a fuss, he just has to sit on top of somebody otherwise he's a nervous wreck.

Chavhorse

Visit site
I have sedatives for him for tonight I just do not want him doped up all day as I type this he is sitting bolt upright on my knees *Sigh*

Actually my cleaner does not clean things to my standards and she hides things and takes arbatory decisions on throwing out the contents of the fridge.....but it means that I can go off and ride the horse at the weekend and not do housework and my husband gets the occasional clean and ironed shirt so I don't feel too guilty going off to ride the horse at the weekend and evenings
grin.gif

bushbaby28

Visit site
funny story- last year during fireworks night was having nice relaxing bath with collie curled up on floor... firework went off and he jumped 3ft in the air, straight into the bath with me.

lol gotta love them, got me out the bath quick enough while he stood there hopping from one foot the the other because it was hot!! numpty

Hollyberry

Visit site
Why oh why can't they ban fireworks for the general public altogether. Our lives are made a misery by the wretched things. We live in a semi rural village with a lot of horses around but still neighbours let them off for any reason, parties in summer, parties in winter, bonfire night which lasts for three weeks, and now the dreaded 12 oclock New year ones which I really hate. The poor horses are asleep and the first one going off really freaks them out. The trouble is that the fireworks on sale now are display standard and too loud and disruptive for letting off in somebody's back garden. I am fed up with them big time and really hope that someday, they will get banned.