bloody horse......

loopylucifer

Visit site
in the last 12 months has had tendon problem (v.nearly died in a sort of related way), reaction to bee stings, colic, foot problems, poss likley neck/back problem and then tonight comes in with a fat eye! and to top it all off the insurance company are being a pain in the ase about the two claims(only claimed on two of the above, soon to be three).why are they so accident prone

Horseback Rider

Visit site
I feel your pain ! After just having paid last £ 600 of vets bill last month went on holiday for a week and came back yesterday yo find horse is lame after being kicked in field !

What breed/type is yours ( just curious)

loopylucifer

Visit site
dont you just love them! mine is a trakhaner x CB mare my tb was nearly as bad although not quite, however did manage 3 vet visits in one week for different things once! thankfuly eye better today so not another vet visit. how long till her next escapade!

italylyns

Visit site
its not just me then lol
I havent even had my ID gelding a year and he has been diagnosed with a tumour (huge vet bill after scans, biopsy etc), suffered severe mud fever in the winter and now photosensitivity in the summer, seems to be the only horse in the field to get bitten (oh and he must be tasty cause he was covered!!) his tendon boots rubbed the skin off the front of his shins so i am treating those as well as the scabs from the photosensitivity and to top it off i cant get rid of pinworms which he seems to have and i have tried all the treatments out there!!

As horrible as my gelding sounds he is actually gorgeous and very normal and happy in himself considering....its me thats going crazy ......
...............so yes i feel your pain!!!!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
LOL. Mine hasn't damaged himself, just me, but I can agree with the "bloody horse!"

My wonderful competition mare has gone off to stud, and the plan was to get my husband's 6yr old going (husband won't compete) by doing local stuff, and hopefully a BE 80 by the end of the year... All was going well, he was getting fitter, and starting to work well. Then came the annual teeth trim, and he was a right git - total teenager, despite having had his teeth done before many times without a murmer. Think he's started to realise he's 17h and strong! Anyway it all ended with him rearing, dislocating my shoulder (which was pinned 3 yrs ago and had been perfect since). He then fell on me, thankfully just next to me, but pushed against my leg to get up. So I've had my arm in a sling for the past month, and a bruise the size of a 17h hoof on my leg, which ruptured the muscle and means I still can't sit down on a chair one month later - let alone a bouncy 6yr old! Its like he knew what he was doing - the bruise is on the inside and back of my thigh. Meanwhile he's back in the field having a nice holiday...

I was sitting in A&E wondering why we were trying to breed another!!!:mad: