Bloody ticks!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My dog is covered in them daily picked 5 off last night alone. What are the best tick treatments and do any repellents work? Must not be hazardous to cats as they snuggle up together so thinking a collar may not be any good.

Thanks.

Moobli

Visit site
We don’t have a problem with ticks so don’t routinely treat here but my neighbour in the Highlands, where they are a big problem, swear by Bravecto, although I know it has its haters.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Bravecto for cat and dog. Tablet for dog and spot on for cat.

Dog hasn't had any yet but cat had a record 9 in one day (just as previous treatment was running out). Since we've topped him up he's only had a couple and they have dropped off very easily.

Dog is a walking fluff ball so I imagine ticks are dying before they make their way through the maze of floof to her skin.

Bearsmum

Visit site
I used Frontline plus for the first time 2 weeks ago, the two ticks he had dried up and dropped off, but the one he picked up last week, I've just had to remove with the tick hook as it was clearly growing. Will see how he goes for a while as I have six months worth & don't really want to waste it, however he does insist on rolling in the grass after his swim in the river & there are a lot of deer & hares around where we walk so hardly surprising he's picking them up. Hateful hateful things although one did make quite a satisfying 'pop' when I wrapped it in a tissue and chucked it in the wood burner

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I always remove any I see straight away, rather than waiting for the Bravecto to act. The Bravecto is there for the ones I don't spot.

GSD Woman

Visit site
I like Nexgard and Simparica. I used Bravecto once but I wouldn't use it with a breeding bitch. Most people over here had found that Frontline isn't doing the job. It was wonderful when it first came out, all those years ago. Don't use Advantix if your cats snuggle.
I hope the Nexgard works as well for you as it has for me.

Sam Jhon

New User
Visit site
For Dogs, cats, and horses it's not just the same product when it's about Ticks, Bravecto and Nexgaard Spectra is a very popular and effective flea and tick treatments for dogs and cats our family use Cerdelio or revolution Plus but in cases of horses it's totally different and redwormers and roundwormers are much common diseases in horses Panacur Equine Granules & Eqvalan Duo are effective ...

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I’ve given Bravecto for the first time this week. My two were riddled with flea, the Advantage didn’t work. Bravecto did, I picked off about 10 ticks who appeared to be desperate to get off Bear soon after treatment. While he was on my knee. Ick.

misst

Visit site
Nexguard here. Lots of ticks (lots of deer and heather and gorse and long grass). Also lots of lungworm around here. Not ever had a problem with the ticks unless I go over 6 weeks. It's supposed to be monthly but I do do 6 weekly. Today I found a dying tick and two dead fleas on my bed :eek::oops: so it seems to be working !!!
PS they definitely weren't off me :cool:

wren123

Visit site
I used to use bravecto and advocate (we've got ticks and lungworm in our area, lucky us!) now I've gone to nexguard spectra which does everything except tapeworm.
I find it much cheaper to get a prescription then buy the medication online, I use petdrugsonline and find them the generally the cheapest, quick delivery and good dates on products.