Blooming Wellies!!!

Shoei

Visit site
Any recommendations? I feel like I have had every expensive brand going and I kill them all in max a year. This time my ariats are leaking!

I don't need warmth as generally have hot feet so I am seriously considering buying some cheap wellies and seeing how they do!

Anyone else share my frustration on premature wellie death???

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I bought my Decathlon wellies for €12 in 2012 before I started riding (normal wellies are too wide for safely driving a car). I don't do an enormous amount of walking in them, but they are still in very good nick.

SillySally

Visit site
I had some cheapish ones until recently and they lasted pretty well in themselves, but they had a lining that fell apart in the end, and that just made them too big without it! I tried various thick socks and things, but they were never quite the same, plus they made my feet hot anyway, so I've tried something a bit more expensive this time.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Le Chameau get my vote. I think they are on their fourth year now - so although expensive initially, they have paid for themselves many times over.

I do have a cheap main of Just Togs neoprene wellies for cold snaps but they get less wear & would be surprised if they last a second winter.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I’ve given up on the smart brands as they don’t seem to last any time at all. I’m currently sporting a pair of very inexpensive wellies bought online that are proving much more robust.

lottiepony

Visit site
I'm going back to muckers! I got a pair of Barbour wellies as a birthday present (in July) started wearing them around 2 months ago and they are already leaking :(
I don't mind buying new each year as to be honest whatever I have gets worn twice a day everyday for walking to the yard and doing all the chores (plus currently walking extra miles due to horse in rehab) but if spent more I would expect them to last at least 2 years.

Sprig

Visit site
I have had Le Chameau before but find them too heavy and hot (and apparently the more recent ones aren't as good quality. I bought some Aigle Parcours because everyone recommends them. They were v comfy but only lasted 3 months. I got an exchange, 2nd pair developed holes in 3 months too so I got a refund. I now buy cheap Mole Valley own brand wellies. They aren't as comfy but they are fine and you could add welly socks if you wanted. They last forever.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve got some ordinary Chameau wellies which I’ve had about 6 years now and going strong. They’re not lined at all and I use them in mild weather. I even also got Aigle Parcours which are lined and very warm. I use these in very cold weather but they are quite heavy although I bought them a bit too big 2hich doesn’t help. I think this’ll be their third winter. I don’t usually wear wellies unless it is actually wet So not used most of summer until the dew is heavy.

SillySally

Visit site

PurBee

Visit site
https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-order...es=&returnUnitMappingId=&shipmentId=DVC0pV9G6

Just got these. Insulted and well made. Plus the drawstring is great as it stops hay and straw falling inside which is a bonus! Can’t comment on their longevity as only had them a few weeks but they seem very sturdy.

Drawstring top is so useful! I squint as i pull my foot out of my welly, not wanting to face the inevitable mini haystack that will scatter everywhere indoors ?

The link you posted must be for ‘your orders’ on your amazon as it takes me to ‘my orders’ on amazon. If you open the wellies full listing page and post that link, that should take us direct to the wellies.

PurBee

Visit site
Cmfboots.com - ‘techno’ boots, standard farmer type welly that endure wearing everyday on farm in the mud and stony paths etc— the sole is thick so good for insulating when in cold wet mud. About 45 quid. So far lasted around 18 month and still as new….great quality rubber.

When i bought 100-150 quid boots the soles came away from the boot and leaked within months. Im completely cynical now of high cost welly wear, and to hear ariats are leaking is the cherry on the cynical cake!

Bionic Boy

Visit site
I got converted to Rudds some years ago. They generally last about 3 years and I do everything in them, driving, yard duties, poo picking, riding etc.
and should you have a problem their customer service is excellent.

SEL

Visit site
Local garden centre sells town and country cheap so I wear with thick socks, bin and replace when they give up. not environmentally friendly but my expensive ones only ever last one winter.

They need to test with horse owners - we put wellies through their paces

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Le Chameau get my vote. I think they are on their fourth year now - so although expensive initially, they have paid for themselves many times over.

Me too, I’ve had many cheap wellies and they don’t even last a few months. I had my previous Chameau’s for 4 years and they were used and abused. Hoping my current ones live to the same expectations!

Widgeon

Visit site
I’ve had my Aigles for 3 years and so far so good! Worn almost every day all year round for dog walking and horses and still look brand new.

I love my Aigles too, I used to go through a pair of cheap (or even not so cheap) wellies a year, then about four years ago I bought some neoprene lined Aigles. They're still going strong! They're worn every day for horse jobs, gardening and dog walking (did a 17km dog walk in them on holiday in Scotland recently). I love them and will probably give them a burial service when they depart :D

timefort

Visit site
I gave up on expensive wellies years ago and reverted to the brand of my childhood - Dunlops. I was worried new ones wouldn't be as good as the now 35year old, 3rd hand ones that still live in the car for emergencies, but I bought acidfort Dunlops (non steel cap version) for £20 on eBay 3years ago and they're going strong. I managed to stab a garden fork at the top which resulted in corking bruise on the skin but no holes to either me or the Welly top. However, if you're looking for style, Dunlops are not for you ??

Jango

Visit site
I also just go cheap. Currently in a pair of £12 Dunlops from sportsdirect, they are going into their second winter. I wear them once a day to do all yard jobs and turn out in the winter. Even if you only get 1/2 years out of them it's better than buying a pair for 10x the price

Reacher

Visit site
I bought a pair of £50 wellies (expensive for me) as they had neoprene linings so weren’t supposed to make your feet sweaty. They split in 6 months. I went back to cheap Dunlops which press on my ankle bone on my right foot and cripple me ? (and make my feet sweat)

timefort

Visit site
Those who have dunlops... are they heavy?
I tried the acifort Dunlops with steel toes and found those to be very heavy (for me). The normal acifort ones I wouldn't have said were any heavier than good quality rubber welly. The cheapest Dunlops are quite light though I don't find those very comfortable.

palo1

Visit site
I had a love affair with Chameau wellies but my latest pair died after only 4 years. I had bought them in a sale so I didn't mind too much. I have another pair that are at least 7 years old but not used all the time (they are the slimmer fitting 'ladies' wellies that I use for very wet weather riding!).

I have had no luck at all with really cheap wellies but I currently am loving my skellerup red band NZ farmers wellies which were not v expensive (£40 in a sale ) and are extremely comfy. Like these: https://www.graniteworkwear.com/p_1...Q8SZnLFyrEoSfYbKYbmCwMFHiD12R4wxoCaSoQAvD_BwE

I like that they are mostly natural materials but they do seem to be hugely oversized . I am happy to wear mine with thick socks and have walked miles and miles in them as well as all the yard work. Only time will tell if they are seriously durable!!

smolmaus

Visit site
My Hunter wellies have died after about 6 months which I am a bit annoyed about. They were bought on sale but still.

I think the lack of arch support is starting to affect my feet as well, starting to be sore when I get up in the morning. Has anyone a rec' for wellies with decent arches? Friend just bought the arctic muckboots which she let me try and they seem good but I don't know much about how long they last!