Blue and white jack russells?

Bellasophia

Visit site
Last edited:

Bellasophia

Visit site
Sam b..I cannot dispute they are indeed beautirful..cheap too...but just be aware the blue color is not in their gene pool so it must have been introduced..
Oh good god this one has got a heart on its side too...nooo,stop posting pics like this..I can understand your pull to this ad..
https://www.gumtree.com/p/dogs/jack-russell-puppies/1149297815
......but.......
The jrts are a fabulous breed..with so many colour combinations..rough,smooth..my favorites are the black headed ,white bodies or the tri colours..so personally I'd stick to the traditional and not risk skin issues,like alopecia etc by getting a "rare" colour.

Last edited:

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Unless you get a pedigree Parson Jack Russell then a JRT is a bit of a mongrel breed anyway - they've been outcrossed several times (one of ours looked like a pembroke corgi if you only saw his body with a JRT jead :D)
So at somepoint in those pups lineage they've been outcrossed - who knows what too - to get that blue.

sam-b

Visit site
To be honest that doesn't worry me (kc registration) as I do agility anyway so it's nota concern from that point of view.

Alec Swan

Visit site

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Another breed of dog which is being offered up to the alter of the Kennel Club, and to be ruined. The only people who would consider the K-C to be of any use, would be those with an eye to profit.

Alec.
True - but there was a reason that they weren't recognised by the KC before, and it was to do with all the outcrossing and them essentially being a mongrel breed. The standard is pretty much a copy/paste job from the PRT anyway

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Slightly off topic Blue is a disqualifying colour in GSDs , it used to crop up occasionally from certain lines and resulting pups were usually given away without papers. Nowadays, you will see adverts for "rare" blue GSDs, at ridiculously inflated prices , and gullible people fall for the sales blurb1 :(
There is a "rare" chocolate JRT offered at stud locally, again rare because its not a recognised colour but no doubt the owner is doing very nicely from stud fees.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
There is a "rare" chocolate JRT offered at stud locally, again rare because its not a recognised colour but no doubt the owner is doing very nicely from stud fees.

If we're talking about the same dog then they are hardly rare any more, we're knee deep around here in his purebred mini chocolate Jack4Studwork offspring. :p

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Ah yes, I forgot the mini bit! The same dog I would think, as its in your part of the world.

"Some call this size pocket or teacup" , others call it a runt !

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Poor creature must be exhausted, he's used on anything still breathing. :p

Back to the OP I'd tread carefully with any dog bred purely for colour or advertised solely on the basis of its colour, there are health issues associated with dilutes. I'm a fan of JRTs but my concerns were I to buy one would be lower leg conformation, lots out there with Queen Anne style fronts and luxating patellas in the back.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
TBF the advert doesn't mention colour in the title, or say how they are a cool, rare colour etc etc so might not have been specifically bred for colour.

twiggy2

Visit site
JRT are not a pedigree, they are always white with black markings, the markings can only be brown and/or black not blue.
the blue is likely to have come from some other breed and as jack russels are essentially mutts that is nothing new, they are a type (like a lurcher) that stays very true to type as they have to be a certain size to do the job they are/were bred for.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
JRT are not a pedigree, they are always white with black markings, the markings can only be brown and/or black not blue.
the blue is likely to have come from some other breed and as jack russels are essentially mutts that is nothing new, they are a type (like a lurcher) that stays very true to type as they have to be a certain size to do the job they are/were bred for.

Actually, JRTs have now been recognised by the Kennel Club as a pedigree breed.

{97702}

Visit site
Oh My God...... ***head desk***............. that is as good as the STUPID girl at work today who was buying a springador because they are free from inherited genetic defects......and she is literally morbidly obese and is buying a puppy which is a cross between two of the most hyperactive breeds you can get....

{97702}

Visit site
How recent is that? the true terrier men must be up in arms

Last year I think....the death knell of the JRT...... mind you in my limited experience (NOT a terrierman!) JRTS were always true mongrels which crossed anything handy....

ETA - sorry MM too slow to post! :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Surely the thing is, if they are just mutts (obv pre now) they could be any colour so long as they otherwise look like a JRT, especially as there are huge variations in type, even within litters, our little girl is the spit of her very dainty mum whereas all of her brothers are proper chunks and one is hairier than either parent ;).

Amicus

Visit site
How recent is that? the true terrier men must be up in arms

I think it only went through in December, the KC was handed a petition with 1000 signatures imploring them to leave the breed alone, obviously they ignored them... JRTs seem to have done well enough without a bit of paper I assume the majority of them will continue too.

sam-b

Visit site
To be fair they definitely were not promoting the colour, the bitch is a dark blue and white the dad brown and white. I was actually quite taken by the tri but when the blue bitch was wagging her tail and waddling about, she just won me over

Bellasophia

Visit site
I think it only went through in December, the KC was handed a petition with 1000 signatures imploring them to leave the breed alone, obviously they ignored them... JRTs seem to have done well enough without a bit of paper I assume the majority of them will continue too.

Huge can of worms,......the terriermen are not happy at all...scroll down to read the comments under the post

http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/jack-russell-terrier-club-of-gb-slams.html