Blue Peter Horse

Spit That Out

Visit site
Does anyone remember Blue Peter doing an appeal to raise money to buy a horse for the RDA?
I seem to remember them getting a black cob or was it a fell but I don't remember them ever doing any follow up stories about it.
It was either late 80's or early 90's.
Have I just imagined this??

DuckToller

Visit site
Wasn't it named Rags, and it went to the Chigwell RDA centre in Essex, which goes by a different name now.

Edited to add: The pony was called Rags because I think everyone sent in old clothes etc. I thought it was a grey, but could be wrong.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Wasn't it named Rags, and it went to the Chigwell RDA centre in Essex, which goes by a different name now.

Edited to add: The pony was called Rags because I think everyone sent in old clothes etc. I thought it was a grey, but could be wrong.

I remember it being called Rags and I thought it was grey.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I remember, it was a gorgeous dapple called Rags - and it was called after the collection of old clothes that raised the money for it.
rags.jpg

Last edited:

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
Rags I remember. Wasn't Tessa Martin Bird involved?

Anyone remember the 'Win a Pony' competiton that WH Smiths used to run every year? Goodness, I was so sure I'd win but no, nothing happened despite entering every single year :D

Shutterbug

Visit site
Rags I remember. Wasn't Tessa Martin Bird involved?

Anyone remember the 'Win a Pony' competiton that WH Smiths used to run every year? Goodness, I was so sure I'd win but no, nothing happened despite entering every single year :D

There would be uproar if they did that now :D