Bluechip Winter Championships, Novice. Any advice?

jessjc

Chaddleworth, Berkshire (Wantage/Newbury)
Visit site
Anyone going? I qualified in November and having been hectic with exams etc, have made a bit of an error and haven't actually been to a BS show since that qualification show - oops! So, as the BC champs are coming up next week, suddenly feeling a bit nervous. I really want to do well. Does anyone have any tips, advice, experience of doing this class/show before? I'm really looking forward to it, but don't want to wing it.

Thank you!

mil1212

Visit site
I'm going, and I have 2 in the novice! I can't really offer any advice as I always just wing it! I got a placing in the novice a couple of years ago from just doing a nice clear round in the jump off. It can go really fast but I think this encourages lots of errors so a nice clear gets a rossy! Good luck!
This was our novice jump off 2 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSKyxqxnheM

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
Have you entered the warm up class first? Could you try and get to a show this weekend for one last practice? I'm sure you will be fine enjoy it and have fun :) I'm going Weds-Fri can't wait and also feel totally under prepared!

Supanova

Visit site
I am going and in your class! Are you doing the warm up? I think the main advice is to relax and enjoy it! Its a lovely show. I have been before and whilst you need to be fairly quick the JO, it is not mad flat out gallops like you see in some classes!

tinap

Visit site
BC is our favorite show (only done as juniors though). Just enjoy & keep an eye on the clock as we found the times quite tight! Got a super clear but .2 of a second over the time once, the daughter was gutted :( also be vary careful with your tack as unfortunately there have been thefts in the past. They targeted tack lockers on lorries so keep it with you! Good luck & enjoy xx

jessjc

Visit site
Thanks everyone - and look forward to seeing all the people in my class (good luck!). I'll pop to a show or two if I can this weekend and maybe Tuesday, but I don't think I'll do the warmup class as he's usually better in the first class of the day. Not long now... Good tip about the tack. Thankfully my old lorry and the limited amount of tack in it is not that attractive, so hopefully no theft will happen. So horrid that this happens at shows though..

jessjc

Visit site
Can anyone help? I'm looking for a lift for one (v well behaved) horse to the Bluechip Champs at Hartpury on Wednesday (for the Novice class (2)). The stables are just off the A338, 10 mins south of Wantage, 15 mins off the M4. Many thanks for any ideas!

Wheel came off my lorry on the weekend with my horse in it!! Nightmare... (and the lorry had been in the garage for MOT for 4 days over the past two weeks)

Happy to groom/help in any way I can.. We jumped our backsides off in the qualifier in November, so would love the opportunity for the final whilst I still have Crosby.

Please please help...

Thank you so much in advance xxx