Bo and Luna have been in kennels.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
We have just been away for a week, and we put Bo and Luna in kennels. Luna had been there once before just for an overnight stay when we still had Aled.

I had been stressing for weeks before we went away about them, mainly Bo. He came to us having spent a large part of his life living in a kennel, and was a pretty shut down dog. I worried he would shut down again, and he can be wary of strangers. I needn’t have worried at all. I had an email earlier in the week telling me they had settled in, and a couple of pics attached of them playing in the secure fields.

We have just picked up two very relaxed and happy dogs!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I think if you can find the right kennels-ours also has secure fields, shame the lady isn’t horsey-then you’re sorted.

I couldn’t stand to leave mine in a traditional kennel setting with lots of barking dogs in tiny spaces. The lady we use is a gun dog person, she has several big runs with an outdoor and indoor section, a big yard and stock fenced fields. This is the perfect environment, I wouldn’t trust anyone to safely walk Zak, but stick him in a field and chuck him a ball and he is fine.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Bo is very lead reactive, but fine off lead, can’t walk even him and Luna together. Luna is always on lead due to her prey drive unless in enclosed fields. One of the reasons these kennels appealed to us in their enclosed paddocks. They also only have 12 kennels, all in one line, so no dogs facing each other and winding each other up. They will let them in paddocks together (after introductions) or a few times a day separately.

lCAwVOi.png

They aren’t local to us (about 1.5hrs away), but local to the relatives we went away with.