Boarding Kennels

lovecharles

Visit site
Hello,

My family may have the oppurtunity to move to a farm, where I would like to set up a Boarding Kennels and Cattery + Small Animal Board. I have worked in one before, and also by the time we are moved in etc I will have my BTEC National Diploma in Animal Management.

I was wondering what kind of planning permissions have to be passed, licensing and general guidelines.

Also, what is the average cost to board a dog?

Thank you!

Spudlet

Visit site
I think you would have to apply for change of use on the property, but best to call the local authority and they will be able to tell you.

CAYLA

Visit site
Some local authorities vary slightly as to regulations, but if u put animals boarding in to the search on your local council site, it will give u a run down, there are various licenses and regualtions, regarding health and safety, specific built requirements in regard to materials, ventilation, sizes, waste disposal e,t,c.
You will get visits forom the enviromental health and a vet check in the final stages.

Experience of handling dogs, owners like to know there dog is in knowledgable/capable hands, and u will deal with all manor of dogs/behaviours.
I charge between £15-£20 per day, but I home board.
On average for a basic kennel in these parts starts from £9 per night and arouns £6-7 per cat in a cattery.