Body found dumped on side of the road near Blue Barn,Ashford!!!

blacksabbeth

Visit site
Ok,firstly sorry about the title I will change it didnt think as to be fair it is a horse forum?
Said friend driveing to horses,found body at side of the road,reported to police and whw informed and spoke to said friend at length.No signs of drag marks,no blood,no skid marks from car accident and the animal in question clearly neglected by the state it was in.Police comfirmed not a hit and run body has been dumped for the public eye to see.Personally dead or not I certainly dont agree with whats happened here,and what example does it set for our younger generation to see it ok to leave a horse/ponies body on the side of the road dead and dumped like rubbish.If you decide to take on a big responsibility you look after it,no equine asked you to breed or buy it so why neglect and dump it?Sorry if some people are offended,to some it may just be a dead body but to others a cruel doing of someones actions.The reason whw are involved is there may be a lead to other horses and they are concerned but cant go in to more info at mo as dont know anymore myself.Like I said sorry if it upsets.

honetpot

Visit site
My old pony just died. He was fit as a flea and was found dead in the morning in the paddock at the back of the house so was within sight most of the time. He cost £300 to be removed so I can see why someone would dump a dead pony as they think nothing of dropping old tyres, sofas etc, at the side of the road.
Having just had my own horse PTS and a friends lost her at the weekend I find my self on first name and waving terms with the fallen stock man, it must be the weather

Last edited:

1stclassalan

Visit site
.........I find my self on first name and waving terms with the fallen stock man,

Isn't that devastating! That was me back in 1993! We had several horses die from acorn poisoning in the autumn '92 on the yard - I got the job of shuffling them off because their owners couldn't be doing with it - then my mare went in the January with my daughter's second pony which we'd kept forever went in the July - what a flippin 12 months!

I still haven't forgiven the Y.O. for reneging on her promise to let me bury my mare on the farm - 67 acres and no room for a hole - I had my own digger! Well I think that was part of the problem actually - I'd not long bought a new one and it stood all shiny round by my shed which I also rented from her - jealousy? Of a digger? Some strange folk about and that no mistake!