Body Protector, Airowear Outlyne, Help for Big Boobs !

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Just purchased my first BP after constant nagging from husband and daughter about jumping my rather excitable ISH and nearly coming a cropper. I am hoping many of you will read and reply to this as I am at my wits end with the dam thing. I had it fitted professionally and although the fitter said my measurements were better suited to the L5 Slim we determined the waist area would be too big so opted for the L4. Well, firstly I look like an obese sumo wrestler in it, secondly I cannot do the dam thing up on my own! (my daughter had to wrestle me into it this morning!) and I was so uncomfortable (with boobs poking up through the top near my chin), I took the thing off in a strop and refused to wear it. I've calmed down now and realised that I need to go back to the saddlery shop and try an alternative. Having never worn a BP before I know I'm probably moaning for no reason and will get use to 'constricting' feeling but this is just ridiculous. What are big busted women wearing? I'm not stick thin with stick on boobs, I'm just Mrs Average size 12 with a broad back, wide shoulders and big lady lumps, 34F. How on earth do women with 'falsies' manage with a BP as you can't squash them down like pancakes?!! Please give me your experiences. I've been told the Racesafe would not suit my curvy body shape and I do not have a budget of more than £160 ish, so that outrules the Kaneg (spelling?) Thanks so much and I look forward to your replies!

webble

Visit site
I am a 30 and have a short back and have a racesafe which I love. I tried an outlyne on and hated it, it felt really restrictive. I have heard that they are better once they have warmed up via your body heat so it might be worth trying it again and maybe wearing it around the house for half an hour.

You should be able to do it up by yourself though. Were you wearing a different bra or thicker layer when you put it on at home?

Fazzie

Visit site
I have the same body protector as you and the only way I find it comfortable is to make sure it's been in the house and is warm - I made the mistake of leaving it in the car once and couldn't get it done up without a fight. I try to put it on about 20 mins before riding and then I don't even notice it.

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Hi Webble, I had to be zipped in by the fitter, even sat on my own saddle in the shop and moved and wriggled around and my first thought was 'OMG, how am I supposed to get used to this', but never worn one before I guessed this was how it was supposed to feel. I put it on again last night with a sports bra which helped a bit but still my bust was pushed in to this horrid position and I just cannot imagine riding like it! Both times, in shop and home I just had it over a polo shirt. What was your RS like when you first tried it on? Are you busty? Sorry for being direct !!!

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
What size are you and your BP Fazzie?! I feel and look like a flippin hippo! It's here hanging up looking at me as I type this. I shall be removing it to the utility in a minute ..... lol:rolleyes:

webble

Visit site
Hi Webble, I had to be zipped in by the fitter, even sat on my own saddle in the shop and moved and wriggled around and my first thought was 'OMG, how am I supposed to get used to this', but never worn one before I guessed this was how it was supposed to feel. I put it on again last night with a sports bra which helped a bit but still my bust was pushed in to this horrid position and I just cannot imagine riding like it! Both times, in shop and home I just had it over a polo shirt. What was your RS like when you first tried it on? Are you busty? Sorry for being direct !!!
Fairly busty yes Im 30f so narrow but booby. My racesafe was comfy the minute I put it on and always has been. I have forgotten I have it on before now and got in the horsebox and car with it on. You can adjust it at the sides so if I put it on over a thick jumper I can let it out a bit.

I have fallen off in it and it def worked :) I do look a bit michellin womanesqu in it though!!

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
I found that all the BPs I tried rode up over my bust so high that they dug into my throat and were half way up my body, then I tried the Kan. I know you say it's beyond your budget but if you come off you don't have to chuck it in the in and buy another! It's snug, comfortable and stays put. You could consider a jacket instead though, I ride in a JoyRiderz jacket, I think it's a good 'in between'.

Morag4

Visit site
I was told to loosen the side straps on my outlyne so as not to strain the zip when doing it up then re tighten the side straps to fit!
I put mine on before I tack up so it can warm up and mould to my body then I really don't notice I'm wearing it out hacking.
Only time I did notice was first time I dismounted and forgot about it and caught the damn thing on the saddle!

cold_feet

Visit site
I was told to loosen the side straps on my outlyne so as not to strain the zip when doing it up then re tighten the side straps to fit!
I put mine on before I tack up so it can warm up and mould to my body then I really don't notice I'm wearing it out hacking.
Only time I did notice was first time I dismounted and forgot about it and caught the damn thing on the saddle!

I wore my new Outlyne yesterday for the first time, and struggled to zip it up. Then when I got home I read the 'user guide' (yes, I know, too late .....). It says exactly this. Loosen the straps, zip up, then tighten straps. Works a treat!

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
I am a 34 DD/E size 12 and wear the outline, as another poster mentioned you need to loosen the side straps before putting it on and tightening them afterwards. I found it best to wear it around the house for a few times before riding in it and it begins to mould to your body shape very quickly.

TrasaM

Visit site
Just checked the size on mine and it's an L3 regular. I'm short bodied size 12 / 32dd

I find mine really comfy and yes much easier to do up once you ease the side straps :)

Mike007

Visit site
Just an aside . I took a young woman xc schooling . She moaned about how her BP cramped her boobs. I casualy asked how long she had had it ."oh about twelve years" I say "so since you were about 14then?""Yes" I grab velcros and tug! EEK ! Boosom explosion. ! OMG she says . I reply,darling Ive got news for you,you arnt the same shape you were at 14.

TrasaM

Visit site
I found that all the BPs I tried rode up over my bust so high that they dug into my throat and were half way up my body, then I tried the Kan. I know you say it's beyond your budget but if you come off you don't have to chuck it in the in and buy another! It's snug, comfortable and stays put. You could consider a jacket instead though, I ride in a JoyRiderz jacket, I think it's a good 'in between'.

I've had two falls in my Outlyne .. It's almost 2 years old. I've not replaced it and it's not necessary to do so as far as I know :)

claracanter

Visit site
I have a Kanteq BP and I chose it because I read somewhere, probably on here, that it suits ladies with larger boobs. I am like you wit karge boobs but small back. When I ordered it the lady very kindly asked if my boobs were real( they are) but I suppose it makes a difference to how much room they give you to squish them inside a BP? Anyway am very happy with my Kanteq but may switch to a racesafe just because you can get it in a huge range of colours to match ur XC colours.

SuperH

Visit site
I found the Outlyne wouldn't stay down and kept hitting me in the face. It was suggested by the fitter I wore it around the house etc to get it to mould to my shape but even after several uncomfortable hours it was an awful thing so had to go. Lots of people love them but it just didn't fit me, was far too big around my waist once it would do up over my bust. I've got the Balios 3 now, much better fit and the only body protector I've found so far that isn't too big around my waist once the bust is fitted in!

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
This. I learned This makes it a doddle to do up. OP I also have the same size as you and I an a 34G.

I've loosened the straps as much as I can before putting on and while it does allow me to fasten the zip and pull up easily a few inches I am huffing and puffing and cannot get it up over my boobs without assistance, and when it is done up my boobs are practically visible over the top of the BP! Not a good look. I really think I need to get this one returned (I HATE IT :mad:), and maybe have a good ol look at Badminton. Try loads of different makes and actually buy what fits and try and forget about the 'price tag'. Thanks to you all who have contributed so far. Muchly appreciated :)

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
I have a Kanteq BP and I chose it because I read somewhere, probably on here, that it suits ladies with larger boobs. I am like you wit karge boobs but small back. When I ordered it the lady very kindly asked if my boobs were real( they are) but I suppose it makes a difference to how much room they give you to squish them inside a BP? Anyway am very happy with my Kanteq but may switch to a racesafe just because you can get it in a huge range of colours to match ur XC colours.
Hiya, d'ya think we would get our boobs in a racesafe? I think this is my next option, although I'm going to wait a few weeks and have a good ol look at Badminton !

ElleCee

Visit site
Just purchased my first BP after constant nagging from husband and daughter about jumping my rather excitable ISH and nearly coming a cropper. I am hoping many of you will read and reply to this as I am at my wits end with the dam thing. I had it fitted professionally and although the fitter said my measurements were better suited to the L5 Slim we determined the waist area would be too big so opted for the L4. Well, firstly I look like an obese sumo wrestler in it, secondly I cannot do the dam thing up on my own! (my daughter had to wrestle me into it this morning!) and I was so uncomfortable (with boobs poking up through the top near my chin), I took the thing off in a strop and refused to wear it. I've calmed down now and realised that I need to go back to the saddlery shop and try an alternative. Having never worn a BP before I know I'm probably moaning for no reason and will get use to 'constricting' feeling but this is just ridiculous. What are big busted women wearing? I'm not stick thin with stick on boobs, I'm just Mrs Average size 12 with a broad back, wide shoulders and big lady lumps, 34F. How on earth do women with 'falsies' manage with a BP as you can't squash them down like pancakes?!! Please give me your experiences. I've been told the Racesafe would not suit my curvy body shape and I do not have a budget of more than £160 ish, so that outrules the Kaneg (spelling?) Thanks so much and I look forward to your replies!

Oh, this sounds like a problem to me as I've just ordered exactly the same bp in same size 4l and your proportions are identical to mine except i'm not lucky enough to have natural lady lumps! hmmmm, here's hoping that it does indeed become more comfy as the heat helps it mold better to the body!

millitiger

Visit site
I'd try a racesafe.
I'm a 10/12 with 32EE bra and I fit the large child racesafe perfectly, fits far better than anything else I have tried.

dunkley

Visit site
I would say wait a bit longer and then get a Kan. The foam doesn't degrade over time, whereas other BPs should be replaced every 3-5 years (or after a hefty fall),there is no need to do so with the Kanteq. Wendy, who does the fitting/customer service is of the opinion that if your BP annoys you for even as much as five minutes, then it doesn't fit correctly. :)

pepperpots

Visit site
I would say wait a bit longer and then get a Kan. The foam doesn't degrade over time, whereas other BPs should be replaced every 3-5 years (or after a hefty fall),there is no need to do so with the Kanteq. Wendy, who does the fitting/customer service is of the opinion that if your BP annoys you for even as much as five minutes, then it doesn't fit correctly. :)

KANs are brilliant. They have built in big boobs. So a bit madonna ish, but much more flattering than being squished. I am a f and only little (grrrr) and it fits perfectly.

claracanter

Visit site
Hiya, d'ya think we would get our boobs in a racesafe? I think this is my next option, although I'm going to wait a few weeks and have a good ol look at Badminton !

I dont know, I just llike the idea of being able to choose the colour but please let us know how you get on if you try one at Badminton

marmalade76

Visit site
I have an Outlyne and find it far more comfortable than the Racesafe I had before it, but whilst not flat chested, I certainly don't have big boobs. Have you tried loosening the side straps before putting it on then adjusting them after it's done up?

ETA sorry, I now see that's already been mentioned :eek:

Last edited:

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Oh, this sounds like a problem to me as I've just ordered exactly the same bp in same size 4l and your proportions are identical to mine except i'm not lucky enough to have natural lady lumps! hmmmm, here's hoping that it does indeed become more comfy as the heat helps it mold better to the body!
Has your BP arrived yet? Pls let me know what you think, how it fits, etc. I had a bit of a breakthorugh yesterday. I was ironing (!) and as I was walking through the hall delivering various piles of clothes my blasted BP kept looking at me & begging me to try it on, just one more time .... (It was all put back on the hanger ready to go back to the tack shop). So, anyway, I'm eyeing it up and giving it black looks and I thought what the hell, lets have another go. So a few deeps breaths and all 4 straps pulled out to maximum width I gingerly put it on. Guess what? the bloody thing zipped up with relative ease. I pulled the waist right in immediately and tightened the boobage area bit by bit. It was more bearable than before and I think it had a lot to do with it being warm (it was freezing in the tack shop). I wore it around the house for half hour with slippers and cropped jeans and even threw myself on the floor and had a roll! I'm not in love with it by any means but I've got until the end of the week to make a decision. I would like to try a RS but there is nowhere here in Cornwall that stocks them. Let me know how you get on please! Big thanks to you all for replies !!! :) xx