Body protector recommendations please

{97702}

Visit site
Having suffered fractured ribs during a jumping lesson I am now going to wear a body protector whenever I jump - talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted :D - but my dear old Rodney Powell body protector really does need replacing.

Has anyone any recommendations please? It will be for low level eventing (BE100 absolute maximum), fun rides and hacking mainly

Fiona

Visit site
I'm looking for a new one too.

I tried the racesafe on on Sunday, both original and new one and they weren't as comfy as I thought they would be.

At the moment I have a customised XC airowear but it has the 2000 label so needs replaced.

Fiona

char_f94

Visit site
I recently bought the Airowear Outlyne http://www.airowear.co.uk/en/product/women-outlyne/

Think it cost me about £80 but then I'm 5ft 2 and luckily managed to get away with the Teen version, not sure how much the adults version is. But it's really light and feels quite flexible. Works perfectly for me having the odd jumping lesson and going for hacks. I fell at my last lesson and felt no pain! Although Mum tells me it was quite a graceful fall so maybe that was more down to my prowess at falling than the protector!

Durhamchance

Visit site
I've just bought an airowear outlyne (£150 in most places for adult sizing) it's lightweight and comfortable and I've completely forgotten I'm wearing it while riding.
-but, I've woken this morning with a huge bruise on my left shoulder, I think that shoulder strap was tighter than the other, so I've loosened it slightly. Fingers crossed I've sorted it or I'm heading back to the shop.

shirl62

Visit site
I bought the champion ladies freedom BP...Forgot I was wearing it...I wore it whilst being unceremoniously ejected by RS horse. Unfortunately I landed on right side/arm which unfortunately did not protect me from side rib fracture ( was knocked out as well so never felt a thing !...). I can only say it probably saved me from other injuries of internal organs. I also found it a bit tricky zipping up without un Velcro ing side straps then struggling to put side bit back in place...

Shirl

VRIN

Visit site
I have always had the Rodney Powell but this time went for the race safe 2010. What a difference! So much more comfortable. When I tried it on in the shop didn't notice too much of a difference but when riding out I forget I have it on.

Bubblewrap

Visit site
I have a Racesafe, always feels like a straight jacket when I put it on, but when it warms up and softens I forget i've got it on.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I've got an Airowear Outlyne. It's very comfortable, I always hated body protectors but this is actually comfortable not just tolerable.

shirl62

Visit site
Body protectors are supposed to minimise organ injury and of course by their design don't protect your ribs from fracture especially at the sides below your arm pits as I recently found out but it is much safer to wear one . I had a red curved mark on my side which I think was caused by the edge of the BP. I have bought another BP ( Charles Owen ) just to see if it is any better but I am reckoning it will just have more or less the same protection as my current one.

Sophire

Visit site
I have been looking around recently as I need to invest later in the year. At the moment I think I've decided on the Racesafe. No chance of me getting in a childrens size though so I better start saving!

{97702}

Visit site
Well I went to try the Racesafes today and there was no way in the world I was going to fit into kids sizes - my boobs are too big, and I am certainly not that big up top! I ended up getting a Champion TI22 - the same as the Racesafe but £75 cheaper :)