Body Protector

Dougal9

Visit site
I'm in the market for a new body protector. I currently have a race safe short back, but it catches on the saddle and I find it really uncomfortable. Any advice on a lighter body protector (maybe hit air or pro air ??) with a short back would be gratefully received. :D

View

Visit site
Please go to somewhere with trained fitters and try on differnt makes and styles, as well as sizes.

What is it about the Racesafe that you find uncomfortable (other than it being too long at the back)? I have an Airoware (spelling??) Outlyne L3 short. It isn't what I wanted, but having tried them all on, it was the one that fitted best and turned out to be the most comfortable.

One thing I did discover though - don't leave a body protector in a cold environment!

applecart14

Visit site
I'm in the market for a new body protector. I currently have a race safe short back, but it catches on the saddle and I find it really uncomfortable. Any advice on a lighter body protector (maybe hit air or pro air ??) with a short back would be gratefully received. :D

Hit air is an air jacket and not a body protector perse unless they have brought out a body protector range that I don't know about.

I can recommend using one, they are very useful. I've had mine 16 months now (luckily its not gone off) but it gives me a little more confidence. I used to only wear it when I jumped, now I ride in it every day and wouldn't dream of not putting it on.

I've seen videos of slow rotational falls and people have survived having 3/4 of a ton of horse land right on top of them. Amazing product.

Dougal9

Visit site
Hi thanks for the info. Unfortunately we only have 2 very small tack shops around here, one does recommend the hit air and it did look good despite the price. I'm not jumping at the minute, so it is to give me that little bit of extra confidence when out hacking and when I do start going over the show jumps again. I find the race safe very bulky - even though I had it fitted to me, and I get very hot in it very quickly. I'll have a look at the Aroware but again the shops around here only sell race safe or hit air so I won't know how it will fit.

DebP

Visit site
I have an airowear outlyne, whilst it's not exactly comfortable (are any?), I don't have a problem with the length of it. I imagine it's a short one, I had I fitted at a shop. I'm only 5ft nothing