Body Protectors for the Busty Lady ;)

mrsjcmking

Visit site
Hey *waves*

I'm looking for a body protector, for everyday riding, mostly because I already suffer from back issue, and i've got a 5 year old that is currently testing the boundaries and we have recently had a couple of little bucks from him, and we are starting jumping.

So I'm a little on the busty side, but still rather slim. I have only found 2 body protectors so far that look like they will fit me (based on measurements). So i wondered if anyone has either of them and can tell me what they think?

The Airowear Outlyne and the Just Togs Maxiflex.

Opinions from other slim busty ladies?

teacups

Visit site
I found the Airowear Outlyne really uncomfortable when I tried it on, but liked the Racesafe a lot. Haven't tried any other models yet.

Batgirl

Visit site
36 G here, Airowear outlyne is more comfy than racesafe for me (I have had both). Nothing else to do but to try them on and see which suits you better :)

longdog

Visit site
Get yourself to a good shop that has plenty of BP's in stock. We sell mostly Airowear for ladies of all shapes & sizes, but just occasionally a Rodney Powell or a Racesafe will be better. Champion also do a ladies specific body protector which may be worth trying on.

BSL

Visit site
Airowear for me. Do find its a bit stiff when first put on, but once on for a bit, it sort of "warms up" and moulds to my shape.

Ebenezer_Scrooge

Visit site
36H & small-ish waist. I have airowear outlyne BP. It was the only one that would fit my assets/curse (edit as appropriate) but they had to order my size & then went for fitting to make sure it was right. R.Powell could have done me made to measure but found airowear comfortable, flexible & lightweight.. It has moulded to my shape after a few wears & I hardly noticed I'm wearing it now. A good investment.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have a Racesafe - I am a 30 or 32E/F with a tiny upper body. The RS was the best fit for me but even with having it tied up as tightly as physically possible, it still could do with being more snug but I can only just zip it up over the bust.

LessThanPerfect

Visit site
I'm 34DD SIZE 12 I have the airowear outline and find it really comfy. You need to try them though as according to measurements on their chart I should be L4 short but actually L3 Regular is a much better fit even though it is 2 sizes smaller and diff length than my measurements indicate.

SuperH

Visit site
Try to find somewhere with a selection you can try on as I found the sizing difficult when trying to accommodate a bust and the fit just plain wrong on some. I've tried the Outlyne (the one that did up over my bust was far too big around my waist) and the Racesafe (liked this better but it still didn't sit right on me). In the end I went for the Balios 3.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm 32FF and have an Outlyne. It's a bit stiff at first, but once it warms up it's fine. I do find I have to loosen it right off, do up the zip and then tighten it up, especially when it's cold, as otherwise it's so rigid that once it reaches my chest the top half follows that outwards trajectory and pushes the zip edges away from each other. It soon moulds into shape though.

Skib

sites.google.com
Airowear altered the outlyne tho - they are smaller waisted now so you cant judge by what has fitted you in the past. The company said I might need to get one made to measure. As racesafe dont fit my shoulders, I am at a bit of a loss.

mrsjcmking

Visit site
Thanks everyone - have ordered an airowear on the basis it can be returned if it doesnt suit. Will let you know how it goes when it arrives!