Body protectors?

lizstuguinness

Visit site
Looking around for a body protector for my 14yr daughter (size 10). Want something for general use/ breaking/ SJ. would like flexibility/lightness. No idea as to budget but dont want to spend 100's more if there is no firm justification to. Any reccommendations?

rhino

Visit site
Racesafe - not the cheapest but by far the most flexible and lightweight IME :) Wouldn't wear anything else, used for everything from riding out the racers to working with tricky babies.

QueenDee_

Visit site
Racesafe, personally I hate the 'tabbard' style ones as they're stiff and uncomfortable but the racesafe one is very comfortable, like a supportive gilet :D don't think i'd wear a different one

MissChaos

Visit site
Racesafes are a good bet and very flexible - my next one will e an RS. Prices vary between £100-200 so shop around. I personally really like my Rodney Powell but have had it a good while now and seem to recall something about his product line recently going out of business? Am sure someone will clarify. A lot of people rate the Airowear Outlyne but I personally found it quite heavy and bulky. It comes down to personal choice - have a look in your local tack shop or superstore as whatever she gets should be properly fitted to her anyway.

lizstuguinness

Visit site
Racesafe - not the cheapest but by far the most flexible and lightweight IME :) Wouldn't wear anything else, used for everything from riding out the racers to working with tricky babies.

Thanks, which sort of level would i need to get? would only compete under rules for senior BS.

rhino

Visit site
Thanks, which sort of level would i need to get? would only compete under rules for senior BS.

Beta level 3; the level 1 is really only suitable for jockeys. Make sure you get a RS2010 as the RS2000 are being phased out now.

If you aren't sure about size give these people a call http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/product_list/63 as they can make sizes that aren't 'off the peg'. Also check that your daughter won't be fine in a childs size - mine is the kids XL and is a perfect fit (and much cheaper than an adults) :D

Diamond Cruiser

New User
Visit site
I have the Mark Todd Zip Up and it is the comfiest body protector I have owned. After about 10 mins if flexes to your shape. I'm 15 and size 10 and it is the best I have owned :)