Body Protectors??

demia8

Visit site
Buying a new one but can't decide which would be best. I like the idea of Rodney Powell with shoulder protectors but hate the idea of having zip front (will it last?) Can anyone recommend good body protector?

EmmaChal

Visit site
I do find Rodney Powell the best - don't mind the zip front as much neater than velcro-I think an awful lot of BP are zip fronts now. When I had mine fitted, it ended up being a different back and front size as needed an extra long back but in a narrow fitting and a standard length front so BP is a more personalised fit for me.

Racesafe do good ones with shoulder protectors and have a very good reputation.
Airowear, again meant to be very good.
I think its a case of shopping about, trying a few on and going from there.

lillie07

Visit site
I have two Rodney Powell's- one is about 7 years old and still going strong- no trouble with the zip. They are very comfy once they mould to you too. I really rate them
smile.gif

luie123

Visit site
I was going to post about body protectots today, so I hope you dont mind me jumping in. I have an airowear body protector which is great, but I was wondering if anyone can reccomend some thing less bulky. I want to find something that will fit under my show jacket. The problem is I am a bit of a safety freek, but also vain!!

mickey

Visit site
I have seen a body protector advertised in a publication called 'showing world'. I can't reember who makes the bp in question, but it is sleek and designed so it can be worn under a show jacket. I would love one as I broke my back so always wear one which will be difficult when I start showing again. Perhaps contact showing world mag to find out?

demia8

Visit site
Thank you for your comments. I'm seriously thinking Rodney Powell! I do really like them and I think if careful with zip I'll be ok.
Like the idea of slim-line bp for show etc. May make a second purchase!
grin.gif

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to post about body protectots today, so I hope you dont mind me jumping in. I have an airowear body protector which is great, but I was wondering if anyone can reccomend some thing less bulky. I want to find something that will fit under my show jacket. The problem is I am a bit of a safety freek, but also vain!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I wear my rodney powell bp under my show jacket, fits very nicely under it, although i do buy my showjackets a size too big so that i can fit bp under it. I couldn't get the aerowear one under it though!!

pottamus

Visit site
I have a Rodney Powell with the front zip and have never had problems with it. I wear it everytime I ride so it gets heavily used and I do pleasure rides in it too all summer. Even if the zip did go...the company that make them are very good and if you send it in they will repair it for you.

Twizzel

Visit site
I've got a Rodney Powell and as everyone else said I wouldn't wear any other now- I've tried 2 or 3 other brands and the Rodney Powell is the best by far.