Body Wash (Horse)

Heidi1

Visit site
I'm after one for my girls, thought it would be nice to treat them when they have worked hard.
grin.gif
What do you use, also any homemade ones would be much appreciated too......
grin.gif

K27

Visit site
I use either -

Lavender wash which smells lovely and makes their coat nice- I * think its made by Barrier.

If they've worked really hard I use ice blue leg cooler diluted in a bucket of water as a wash which smells lovely and fresh too and its good for tired muscles- the only thing is with this stuff it has Camphor in it which isn't competition safe, so I wouldnt recommend using it close to a competition!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I make up this one. If they are really hot and foam sweaty I like to hose first and then use this rinse.

1/2 teaspoon each of lavender, teatree, eucalyptus and peppermint oil - you can just use lavender and teatree, but I found using these four nicest.

1 - 2 tablespoon of baby shampoo

Put into 2 gallons of water and wash down.

In winter I use nearly boiling water, a tablespoon of shampoo and 2 tablespoons of dettol and hot towel instead of sponging.

No need to rinse and they are left smelling nice with a clean coat but not the oils stripped out. I only shampoo when going showing as I have a skewbald.

Bugly

Visit site
I copied the ingredients on IV 'No Sweat' and use.....

(re-using the No Sweat bottle which is 200mls I think...)

1/2 Surgical Spirit
1/2 Witch Hazel
4 drops of Spearmint essential oil
6 drops of Tea Tree Oil

I went to Aldi last week and they had big bottles of Tea Tree oil for £1.50 (£5+ at Holland and Barrett?).

I put a good squirt in a bucket of warm water.....gets all the sweat scurf off a treat.

RachelB

Visit site
I use the Barrier lavender wash in the winter and Red Rum arnica stuff in the summer. I think all it really does is make them smell nice, but hey I'd rather have a lavender/arnica-smelling horse than a sweaty-smelling one!
grin.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
I use Barrier Lavender Wash, only bought it because it was recomeded by so many peeps on here!

and yes its lovely, its not too soapy so great for washing down sweaty places like under the saddle/girth areas etc

Smells nice, rinses away nicely and yes, makes the coat gleam plus its not too strong that it dulls the coat which is great if you have dark horse that you want to give a quick bath to the day before the show, doesnt seem to strip the oils out, hence no need for a load of show sheen sprays afterwards!
smile.gif