boett or snuggy

monkey100

Visit site
i am just about to buy a sweet itch rug but not sure which one to buy any recomendations, boett or snuggy, your help really appreciated

lillie07

Visit site
Snuggy Hoods one. I had one for my pony and it was fab!!! No experience with Boett though
smile.gif

samp

Visit site
I like my Boett though it took a while to wear in and stop chaffing. Though my horse is happy with it now. She is long in the back so I had to get a belly wrap that was meant to go with a rug 2 sizes bigger

cobdonkey

Visit site
Boett's are really good but dont come cheap but if your horse has sweet itch it will be worth its wieght in gold.

saswain

Visit site
I have a boett but I need to get a bigger size. Has anyone ordered the eczema rug from Divoza - it looks like a boett (which they also sell)? Also, I bought a hood (boett) but I wasnt sure how tight they need to be around the nose? It is a bit tricky to put on and was thinking of cutting it and putting velcro on it similar to a fly rug? Thanks

Honeypots

Visit site
IMO the Boett is far superior.
I've used both but got rid of my Snuggyhoods one. My horse overheated in the Snuggyhood but doesn't in the Boett. It also snags really badly and fits too snug.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I've tried many types of snuggy hoods and cannot get one to fit!! They are baggy on the neck and extremely tight on the face. My horse doesn't have a huge head, so wondering how other cope.

I have a worn once sweet itch hood in Large that cannot be used as its too tight (his eyes look like they are bulging out!)

Also now have two XL turnout hoods, they fit the face, but are really baggy on the neck (stupidly baggy).

I have a pagony rug on its way and boett hood to try.

monkey100

Visit site
Thanks for your help, there are so many cheaper versions on the market now, had a look at the pagony rug but dont think it can be as good just seems to cheap. My horse gets bitten on top of his crest and it just gets really scabby, its not even his whole crest only about 5 inches in the middle, very weird but need to ssort it out, it did not get any better over the winter either.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I bought a Boett (after asking the same question you did!) - he's had it on about a fortnight now. Seems to be ok in it. Although the leg elastic round the front legs has rubbed a patch of hair out which is irritating. And my boy absolutely HATES me having to pull it on and off over his head. He really objects! I try to do it gently yet quickly, but he pulls back so quick it gets tangled.