Boett rugs?

AWinter

Visit site
I’m looking into buying Boett rugs this year as I want something lightweight that’s not going to pull on their shoulders. Are Boetts worth the money or can anyone recommend anything similar? I just need to come up with a way to protect his sheath as well he’s getting tortured already.

oldjumper

Visit site
I’m looking into buying Boett rugs this year as I want something lightweight that’s not going to pull on their shoulders. Are Boetts worth the money or can anyone recommend anything similar? I just need to come up with a way to protect his sheath as well he’s getting tortured already.
We’ve had a very bad sweetitch horse in boett rugs for over 20years. Successfully competing and still in work at 28. Highly recommend as don’t overheat, cover well and can stay on when ridden if flies v bad. Only downside is you have to be prepared to replace after a few years - or less depending on horse!

maya2008

Visit site
I would get a branded Boett one. Our little temporary guest came with an unbranded Boett style rug that was so thin her hair poked through. She now has a Weatherbeeta sweet itch rug that seems to be doing the job nicely. Heavier than you are after, but no way are the midges getting through that!

I'm Dun

Visit site
I covered my boys sheath in sudocreme. Worked like magic and no more bites on his sheath. He had the snuggy hoods rugs

Fjord

Visit site
I would recommend Boett. I had 2 variations, a Pagony and a different one, both which were made of a thinner, shiny fabric. They caused terrible rubs, that we have never had with Boetts.

Jambarissa

Visit site
Snuggy hoods ones are decent abd have optional sheath covers. If it was sweetitch I'd definitely go down the boett route but just general bother by midges I'd do snuggy to keep the cost down. Can buy used on ebay and purchase a sheath cover from them.

AWinter

Visit site
I covered my boys sheath in sudocreme. Worked like magic and no more bites on his sheath. He had the snuggy hoods rugs
The problem is he cocks his leg and scratches it with his teeth vigorously so anything you put on ends up all over his mouth.

Smogul

Visit site
Worth every penny. My Shetland adored hers. As soon as we took her harness off, she would look for her Boett rug and dive into it as soon as it was presented to her.