bollin terry tb stallion

crazycoloured

Visit site
Im interested in using this stallion at some point.He is perfect and what im looking for.Has anyone used him or experiences with him? Iv spoken to his owner who was ver helpful and he certainly seems to improve his mares from a wide range..

squirrelc17

Visit site
I have seen some of his offspring and all have amazing temprements.
2 foals that i have dealt with have had a slight twist in the leg but this could have come from their mum!!
I would use him for 1 of my mares for definate!!

crazycoloured

Visit site
I put this also in the breeding forum and someone commented that there was something about his hind leg they didnt like,so may not be the dam after all,but i really likr the look of him and think he'd suit my mare v well..

Visit site
My boy by Bollinterry. I love him lots and he does have a super temp and good confirmation. He was apparantly backed at 4 and then turned away till he was 6 as Fiona was ill so he was quirky to re-back but he has come on so quickly and been placed at Intro and PN in 6 months after he was rebacked and we hope to go Nov this year. He has super paces and is scopey too!

PS how do you attach photos and I will add one or two for you?

Cello_song

Visit site
I am in the process of buying a Bollin Terry baby! He's 4 and has only been lightly backed then turned away for the winter. He is out of the superstar mare that I pony-clubbed as a teenager but he's the double of his Dad, Bollin Terry. Just waiting for a vetting then I can collect him.

Sorry to hijack your thread - this doesn't answer your question at all but I'm so excited about getting my new baby and was very chuffed to see a question about his Dad! Would love to see some pics if absolutelyoakey can? - I have no idea how to attach pics so can't help!

pastie2

Visit site
I have a Bollin Terry mare out of Equinames Misere. She is an 8 year old. Fantastic confomation the most fabulous shoulder and moves like a dream............ But she is very quirky and very sharp. I have spoken to the owners of Bollin Terry and his temperament is good, so could come from the mare, having said that Terimon was also a quirky customer.... apparently.

puddledub

New User
Visit site
Many thanks for all your comments and compliments about my boy 'Terry'. I have owned him since he came out of training as a 5yo and am very proud of him and his youngstock, who are now out and about competing successfully in all disciplines from unaffiliated to affiliated level. In the show ring he has had a cob who was 5th at HOYS as a 4yo and last year won at the Royal International, a hunter foal who went Supreme Champion foal across all sections at the Three Counties and many other successes both inhand and ridden.

He has had winners BE including a 5yo winning 2 events and placed in several others in her first season and some very exciting youngsters from his season standing at Jane Holderness-Roddam's West Kington Stud, where Stud Manager Tessa Clark reports that their owner/breeders were delighted with their now rising 3yos.

Photos of Terry and some youngsters can be seen on my website: www.puddledub.webs.com and I will attempt to add some photos here (I am hoping photobucket works!)

Cello_song, I would love to know which youngster you are getting :) and squirrelc17, what were the foals you knew?

I am disappointed to hear that one or two of his foals have had a twist to a front limb, as the usual comments on his youngstock is how wonderful their limbs are. Many foals are born with a slight turn to a leg which straightens as they grown and mature, so maybe these foals you saw straightened up later.

A 16.3hh gelding out of a 15.2hh Irish coloured mare at 'boarding school':
Picture017.jpg

Group of 2yos and one yearling – all but the coloured by Terry:
thaiothers001.jpg

Coloured gelding as a yearling out of a mare with far from perfect conformation – my mouth waters at his limbs and conformation (he is now a rising 4yo):
davidscamera-Dunfermlineshowatho-16.jpg

davidscamera-Dunfermlineshowatho-12.jpg

davidscamera-Dunfermlineshowatho-7.jpg

Full TB yearling filly:
davidscamera-Dunfermlineshowatho-9.jpg

absolutelyoakey, you may recognise this one!!:
BoxingDay07251.jpg

Poor quality pic of the cob at HOYS:
SageatHOYS004.jpg

And at his first show:
poshsage017.jpg

Another hairy youngster starting to be broken:
BoxingDay07112.jpg

Coloured/spottie foal out of plain hairy mare:
scan0003.jpg

And some of Terry himself:
Taking his 4th Championship at Aberdeen spring Show:
AberdeenSpringShow041.jpg

Winning another Championship in the Showring:
PAC121.jpg

At his Scottish Sport Horse Grading:
DSC_0232magazine-1.jpg

At home:
TerryJan08140.jpg

TerryJan08158.jpg

I apologise for the photo overload and the long post, but can you tell I love him and am so very proud of him and his offspring??!!

hippo-horse

Visit site
He really is a stunner!My friend has a 9 month old filly by him,I think she may have inherited her lovely nature from him,so far she is a real sweetheart,which she has not picked up from her mother:mad::p

posie_honey

Visit site
i'm lusting after one of his daughters at the mo who's for sale... alas i'm also setting out self employed so just can't justify her at the mo :(

Gamebird

Visit site
Can I ask how he's related to the other Bollin horses please? Bollin Eric and Bollin William are both local to me - I have a BW 3yo and have ridden countless others by him: NH horses, pointers, hunters and eventers.

DiamondClover

Visit site
I have a homebred Bollin Terry baby !!!

Very proud of him... I am too ;)))).

'Bollinger's Illusion' (Dusty) is now 3 years old, and we aim to lightly break later this summer then turn him away for the Winter.... He's out of a Cleveland Bay Chocolate Dun Mare - who was a brilliant Working Hunter, and evented up to Novice level (We still own her!) We sent her to West Kington Stud - where Bollin Terry was standing. We had 5 stallions trot up for us, and chose him due to his fab temperament and attitude... Dusty was a 'Twin' and we had the other one pinched on the 14 day scan.... he's a Dun too !!!