Bombproof Plod wanted...Sorry in advance

weefilly88

Visit site
Nervous about writing this but here goes....

I am 23 years old, have the commitment, interest time and money to part loan a horse but lack both the confidence and knowledge.

I have put the following message on other forums and have had lots of interest however the respondants are all so far away!
am looking for a stable-hand job with a difference.....

I have just returned to riding after 10 years i am now 23 (I am still in every way a novice) I would not expect any free lessons in return for mucking out etc, that is not what I am asking for I will happily contribute to the keep of a horse up to around £150.

In return I would ask for mentoring with basics...

Basically I would like a stable hand/loan mentoring type agreement for which I would pay for.

quite confusing but please contact me if you are at all interested. Might be suitable to patient horse owner struggling to pay for keep of a horse?

Im basically looking for a plod along that I could gain my confidence on...Ideally Bromley/Orpington would be ideal for me but would travel.

Thanks,

Chloe

noblesteed

Visit site
Put some ads up in local tack shops as well. I wouldn't think you should have a problem finding someone. I was taught horse-care in a similar way when I loaned my first horse, I paid £20 a week - owner taught me the ropes and I got to ride her schoolmistress mare as often as I liked, compete etc.
I am pregnant and now have my own horse, I have taught a girl how to look after him and she is getting to do all the riding! I am not charging her much as it's winter... but I know horse is well cared for while I am heavily pregnant/a new mum. I didn't find it easy to find the girl, I did want an adult but no adults came forward to help.
As you are 23 I expect you will have people queueing up, although finding something really bombproof might take you a while.

Mythical

Visit site
Can't offer you anything, but just wanted to say there are people out there who will help you. My first share horse was a retired mare who was a brilliant confidence giver, absoulutely 100% bombproof and patient as you dare, and just wasn't happy standing around in the field all day. Her owner was always around if I needed help or had any questions, (she had other horses on the yard), but was also happy to leave me to it once I figured it out, and was generally awesome. I found them on horse to loan dot com and I didn't pay anywhere near £150.

I thought I'd been very lucky, (not that I wasn't) but from my looking around recently, it seems this sort of setup is quite common, and there are lots of owners looking for help with beloved horses they can't bear to part with while they fulfil ambitions with younger & flashier animals.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

1Lucie

Visit site
Awww dont be nervous!!!!!!! There are plenty of horse owners struggling to keep their horses finanicially who would prob jump at the chance!

I'm no expert but if u lived near to me, i'd be more than happy to let you! have u thought about approaching a local riding school? As some larger ones loan out their ponies a few days a week and u would obviously have alot of support and guidance?

Fairy Dust

Visit site
http://www.horsetoloan.com/

This is a great website, I have found some great sharers through it when I advertised my horses.

As other posters have mentioned, I'm sure there are plenty of owners that would appreciate the financial help and in return have a lovely horse to offer.

Good luck :)

MrsHutt

Visit site
I am probably a little far out for you (Edenbridge), but I do know people in the Bromley area - I'll ask about.

When I was looking for a loan I put ads in the 'wanted' sections and got quite a few suitable replies. www.horsetoloan.com (as mentioned above)
http://www.newrider.com/
etc

I also looked on Frogpool's online classified, which I don't seem to be able to find any more. I think they have a notice board that you could put a card on and they do have a Facebook page, which might we worth having a look at?

I actually got my loan via word of mouth - the best way, I'd suggest!

starryeyed

Visit site
I'm sure you'll find someone with the perfect horse who will be willing to show you the basics in return for a little bit of help! Ditto with what others say about try putting adverts in local tack shops, also try horsey facebook pages local to you as i've seen a lot of successful shares/loans happen that way. Good luck! :)