Bon Balou

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Bon Balou (Balou du Rouet x Argentinus x Landadel) has now cleared quarantine and is settling down to start his competition carreer and stud duties at Dreamscape Farm in Canada...

Letting his hair down, just arrived at his new home :)

BonBalou-1.jpg

And as a 3 year old at his grading

BonBalou3yearoldgrading.jpg

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Vallin, I like a lot too :D

I took a gamble and used him in his 1st season at stud in 2009. I have a lovely 2 year old gelding by him and I couldn't be more pleased with my youngster.

Lark

Visit site
He is an absolute stunner.
Seems that they are very very happy to have him across the Atlantic.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Hello
I have a Bon Balou colt too and he will be 2yrs in july am glad Bon Balou has gone to stud now means we can follow his progress.

OOooo, how interesting. Are you in the UK? If so, yours must be the very flashy chestnut (who was the only other colt foal by Bon Balou in the UK, other than mine).

Did you breed him or did you buy him from the breeder? How is his dam bred? And can you post some pictures, please?

I'm also happy he's gone somewhere where they are going to market him and I'd get to follow his progress - his Danish owners/producers weren't very forthcoming...

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Crusader! :D

Last edited:

charlie55

Visit site
Just wondering if either or you sold your bon balou horses? I'm riding one at the moment and we are trying to figure out his past. He is a giant chestnut called bertie balou?