bone spavin and joint supplements

treacle_beastie

Visit site
My horse,has bilateral hock spavin and has had 3 steroid injections and one course of tildren over the last year. She was coping fine until the last few weeks where I have noticed her increasing reluctance to work in the school esp when its wet and deep. She gets daily turnout but this has become much harder on her with the rain and the field is on a hill so is now very slippy mud making it hard to move around. I'm going to speak to the vet tom and try her on a danilon a day to see if that helps her through winter but was wondering if I could try her on a joint supplement.
If so which one? Would it delay the fusing process?

Rebels

Visit site
I was told not to give my lad anything for his spavin as vet felt it would delay fusion but that as soon as it did fuse then get him on some thing strong. My friends horse with bilateral spavins has also got very stiff and sore as his field slopes and he has to use his hind end more to hold himself back. Could you give her a smaller area with all of her food and water so she doesn't have to venture so far? Hard as it is ATM. Funnily enough my lad has improved since being in 24/7 which goes against the advice, he was very quick behind today but feels rough after turnout.