Bone Spavin and winter

Neptune

Visit site
Any tips to keep your horse with bone spavin happy in winter? 1st proper bout of cold weather and it seems to be really effecting him. He is rugged to keep warm without over heating, turned out everyday. Exercised at least 5 days a week and we were doing ok. But over Xmas period he has had around 4 days off at the same time the temperature has dropped and he is now feeling it. He has been back in work for around 4 days now and still not much improvement. He has Bosweilla in his feed as standard to help him.

What do you all do to keep your spavin horses happy and moving?

Thanks

Pc2003

Visit site
I have noticed this cold damp weather has had a bit of an effect on my spavin lad.
Keeping him warm is key and if required I do give him half a sachet of Bute before I ride or if turnout is restricted.
He gets out every day but if it's very damp and yuk he doesn't like to seem standing about in it so will come in.
If it's very cold I won't ride him straight from stable. I will turn him out and ride later or let him mooch around yard for an hour or so whilst I muck out then ride.
A very warm exercise sheet is a must for us!!

Pc2003

Visit site
Make sure if yours dropped some weight/condition that saddle still fits perfectly.
My lads saddle has to be a perfect fit or he really feels it

MuddyTB

Visit site
I have been wrapping my lads legs in fleece wraps this winter overnight in stable. His legs are not filling as much and he seems less stiff in a morning.