boots for ode.... (horse boots!)

wench

Visit site
just wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

I am going to take horse to small local (2ft jumps) ode, with the intention of getting to intro event later on this year.

My horse is very carful jumper, and never normally knocks anything down, but do I need to get any boots for sj/xc?

BBs

Visit site
Does he usually wear any boots?

It certainly wouldnt hurt to buy a pair. YOu wouldnt necessarily need to spend a fortune. Premier Equine do a great selection of boots, Tendon and Fetlock for SJing and the air flow xc boots all around £20.

You can spend more on the likes of NEW, Dalmar or Prolite and Style, but for the time being I would go for the PE boots as they do the same job, look good and wash well and are a fraction of the price.

Vx

Kelly1982

Visit site
I like Premier Equine boots too. I brought a really nice pair of their sports boots for about £12 as i was doing a local HT.

Love PE stuff and think its good value for money

wench

Visit site
thanks... I meant to say no he never normally wears boots.

What are the mark todd boots like?

dieseldog

Visit site
The Premier Equine ones are on sale at £12.99 - they are really good boots, a cross between a NEW boot and Dalmar and a fraction of the cost.

samp

Visit site
I got front and hind pairs in the sale and I have snet the hind back as they to not offer any protection to the cannon bone. Apparently the new range of air vented competition boots do have a cannon shield so personally I would get these

MagicMelon

Visit site
If you plan to do an intro then yes Id personally use boots. I wouldnt even jump 2' XC without boots all round! Even if your horse is careful, they can still scrape themselves. Its just safer IMO.