Boots for stumpy legs

C1airey

Visit site
Despite being slightly over 5’6”, I have ludicrously short lower legs. What boots to people recommend? Ideally reasonably smart, but no more than 40cm high or I can’t bend my knees.

Cowpony

Visit site
I have kids ones as I have small feet as well as short legs. You have to try a few because sometimes the ankles are too small or the feet too narrow, but I have some lovely HKW ones now. And only £99 :)

C1airey

Visit site
My feet are a 6 and my calves are the size you’d expect them to be to hold up a woman of middling years, so kids boots aren’t an option unfortunately.

So far, all I can find are either Rhinegold or De Niro. I’ve never found anything made by the former to be of decent quality and the latter are an 8-12 week wait.

shirl62

Visit site
I too have very short legs and small feet. The junior Ariat Bromont were ok once they dropped a bit and leather loosened . I wear Kanyon Gorse boots which are the most comfortable boots ever, but they do not make them anymore although there are a few old stock for sale.

LegOn

Visit site
I hear your pain!! I'm about 5ft 7 & my calves are only 40cm aswell and even worse - I wear size 12 jods but I have to get the wide fitting aswell!

I recently got a lovely pair of the Mountain Horse Sovereign High Riders, in short wide & they fit me amazing! They are really smart but hard wearing cause I'm wearing them every day - very comfy too!!

LegOn

Visit site
Wait, what?! I’ve always discounted Sovereigns because they look so impossibly tall and skinny!

Me too!! Until I saw their full size chart and they come in short and wide!! And it's wasnt the short that is still 45cm!!! Or the wide that is still teeny!! Very pleased with them & I thought they made my calves look better but maybe that's just wishful thinking!! :p

C1airey

Visit site
Nope. I decided that I really should try to get on with the Ariats that have been sitting in a cupboard for a year. Consequently, I can tell you not to bother with the short height Heritage Contours ?

MJN72

Visit site
Nope. I decided that I really should try to get on with the Ariats that have been sitting in a cupboard for a year. Consequently, I can tell you not to bother with the short height Heritage Contours ?
Even the Ariat short-legs are about 44cm! Argh. There’s definitely an opportunity in the market for us shorter legged girls! ?

timefort

Visit site
Have you looked at bareback footware (www.barebackfootware.com)? I have a couple of their short boots which I love and fit like a dream. They have really good customer service - I noticed some stitching coming undone after 9 months of wear and they replaced the boots without a quibble. It looks like some of the long boots are around the 40cm mark depending on the style (still too long of even stumpier me ?) and they do have a custom made option.

P.forpony

Visit site
Give the ladies at Tuffa a call.
They were absolutely brilliant, I couldn’t go to them for a fitting because of lockdown, they answered endless questions from me, sent me 3 different styles of boots out to find a base line of what I liked, and produced the most beautiful pair of m2m boots that fit like a glove.

Can’t remember recommend them enough and I have every lower leg confirmation fault going... wide feet, skinny ankles, short legs and wide calves ?

PatchyBabyHorse

Visit site
I’ve got Tuffa Sandringhams. They’re side saddle boots and are made shorter. I’m 5’1 and before finding these I had never been able to wear off the peg long boots. And they’re so comfy!

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Take a look at
http://www.snowhilltradesaddlery.co.uk/productPage.php?product=2797

I have the standard height and they are OK (little bit long) and I'm very short legged.
They seem to be fairly hard wearing I've had my 1 pair over a year and they've had very hard use.

Don't think you can buy directly off the above site but lots of places deal with them so should be easy enough to order from somewhere locally or online

Reacher

Visit site
Sounds like m2m is the way to go

. I’m a size 5 with skinny calves and short legs (I’m 5 foot 3) and the rhinegold elite luxus in size 4 width 0 fit me like a glove -sorry just seen your measurements they look too tallBB933902-DB15-4189-8173-AFC4A8C8129B.jpeg

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Shires used to do a Norfolk long boot that you could order in various heights and widths. They don’t have it on their website anymore but it is still available online in some places, might be worth having a look?