Boots for wider calves.....

Parkranger

Visit site
.....I fail to understand why someone who is a 12/14 cannot fit into normal boots!!!

I want some Ariat Grasmere but apparently the wide fit are out of stock everywhere.

I can't even get into bloody mountain horse wide fit (about an inch too narrow and too narrow by the ankle)

so I want some brown casual riding boots - I'm working my butt off in the gym and hoping I'll be able to get into the mountain horse ariat take offs by spring for showing, but my chaps and boots that I use for hacking are a right state now.

Any ideas?
grin.gif

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I bought a wide fitting pair of equitectors off ebay at start of year when couldn't get into my slim dressage boots. They are enormous on me though - more like a pair of wellies. They are also rather short!! I think length of boots can vary too and with that where the widest bit of your leg is in them. So very difficult to know without actually trying them on. Sorry not much use!!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Sorry not sure, I am just a little gutted that the Mark Todd thermal boots my OH bought me for xmas appear to have been sent in a narrow fit in error! Tried them on this morning and no joy, they were cutting off the blood supply to my legs!

ETS:Cant believe someone stole your boots, I would be livid

RolyPolyPony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
.....I fail to understand why someone who is a 12/14 cannot fit into normal boots!!!

I want some Ariat Grasmere but apparently the wide fit are out of stock everywhere.

I can't even get into bloody mountain horse wide fit (about an inch too narrow and too narrow by the ankle)

so I want some brown casual riding boots - I'm working my butt off in the gym and hoping I'll be able to get into the mountain horse ariat take offs by spring for showing, but my chaps and boots that I use for hacking are a right state now.

Any ideas?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i have this exact problem! If you find any let me know! I'm fed up of wearing jod boots and chaps now! I just want to fit into some long riding boots!

1275gta

Visit site
I have just purchased ariat grassmeres in normal fit and they fit fine I would suggest you try a pair as I think you'll find they should fit as tey are very generous

Annagain

Visit site
I find my Harry Hall Faros pretty good. I too am a 12-14 but have wide calves and the normal width ones are fine on me, but they also do wide ones as well. The elastic panel goes a long way down which is a big help. They're very comfy and they're also a bit cheaper than most, I picked mine up for about £60 from a website, can't remember which one though.

ihatework

Visit site
I have massive calfs and cannot fit into grassmears or the mountain horse.

I was therefore very surprised when I managed to get into the wide fit bromonts, and relatively easily too. So if you can bear to splash out then it might be worth trying on the bromonts.

Patches

Visit site
Go and try some Ariat Grasmeres on. You might be surprised. My hubby bought me some standard fit for Christmas last year. I was so excited, but tried them on convinced they'd not fit me. I was pleasantly surprised that they do, easily!

Yes, the lace work doesn't close right to on them (you can see them "criss-cross" on my legs, whereas on skinny legs you almost can't see the lacework as they're pulled in so tight) but they are not too tight and I can get the leather tab at the top to fasten over and stay shut easily. I also have large legs.

I've just bought some "posh" short ariat devon pro boots and some chaps from the English Gaiter Company. They look really smart and I'm hoping I won't have "zip breakage" issues like I did with my old Mountain Horse boots after they'd "dropped".

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have massive calfs and cannot fit into grassmears or the mountain horse.

I was therefore very surprised when I managed to get into the wide fit bromonts, and relatively easily too. So if you can bear to splash out then it might be worth trying on the bromonts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really fancied some Bromonts but our local saddlery only stocked a few sizes and I was buying to hunt in the next day.....typically I'd left it till the last minute!

Some people complain at the type of leather they are as they are impossible to "shine" in the way some people traditionally like their long boots to look.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I have exactly the same problem (I'm a size14) and I have found the best boots are the Just Tog Wide ones. Fit me like a glove and aren’t overly expensive either.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Ariat Grasmere come up big, even my chunky calfs get in the normal one (with the laces loosed). Bloody got job to as I won a pair and would have benn gutted, if I couldn't have got into them.

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
[ QUOTE ]
Go and try some Ariat Grasmeres on. You might be surprised. My hubby bought me some standard fit for Christmas last year. I was so excited, but tried them on convinced they'd not fit me. I was pleasantly surprised that they do, easily!

Yes, the lace work doesn't close right to on them (you can see them "criss-cross" on my legs, whereas on skinny legs you almost can't see the lacework as they're pulled in so tight) but they are not too tight and I can get the leather tab at the top to fasten over and stay shut easily. I also have large legs.

I've just bought some "posh" short ariat devon pro boots and some chaps from the English Gaiter Company. They look really smart and I'm hoping I won't have "zip breakage" issues like I did with my old Mountain Horse boots after they'd "dropped".

[/ QUOTE ]

same here with the Ariats. I always have to buy large or XL chaps, and was pleasantly shocked that the normal width fitted, and there's plenty of room still

Parkranger

Visit site
QR I can't get into Ariat Grasmere standard, only wide but cannot find my size anywhere!

Bromonts are the same but black, so you should be able to get into the Grasmere!

I like the Harry Hall Faros but I don't think they'd fit. I need a 17 inch calf atleast

L

lilym

Try the ariats - I have chunky calves and the wide fit me nicely, I also ahve equetectors = lovely boots!! Beware of working you butt off in the gym - It made my calves more muscley - therefore even bigger!!! YEEEK!!

Sare

Visit site