Borde hill report,highs&lows!!!

prudunce

Visit site
Well im blaming the 5m start and my age(old)oh and they put the arena up-side -down!!(BAD people)!!
Up at 5am,arrive at 6.30 a,m,plan to leave beast in trailer(as i always do)and walk xc!!! P decides hes fallen in love with me and didnt wat mum to leave him alone in trailer so every time i go to walk away,P stomps and whinny's(very cute,BUT!!)so plan to walk xc goes down pan and i stand with my beast till 8am and go and do dressage 1st,no time to walk xc now!! Tack P up,lost flash strap(i have 5 and know it was in car?)walk up to arena&my stock falls off dragging hair-net with it(now im thinking ive been cursed??).Warm up,he feels relaxed&gorg,(lessons paid off),into arena,start test,1st few movements grt then i loose it,cant remem the s*dding test,i just cudnt grasp it from where i went wrong,arena looked back2front&upside down to me,so i get the big E for going wrong 3 times,yep,3 times!!! Wanted to cry as P felt lush &judge said it was a lovely test(wat i did)BUT told myself im a fool and back to trailer 4 quick change of tack!!! Over to SJ,and we go Clear!!(even more P.off now that i *cked up test). Asked permission 2 have later xc time as hadnt walked xc yet!! Put p in trailer and he had stopped his prating around(obv fed up with his mum).Fly around xc on foot dragging mutt!! course nice,up-2-height but knew we cud do it!! and we did!!!(even more P.off now as hardly any clrs sj or xc!! ). Was home by 12.30,feel wacked and cud kick myself for my error arrrrrrrrhhhh.BUT so chuffed with his 2nd clr in the jumping phases!! Lesson learnt 2day,LEARN TEST from all angels and ask for a later start time nxt time!!!! my brain obv doesnt work if up at 5am!!
grin.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
What a rubbish day all round eh?! Except of course Perc's fab jumping!!!! You live to fight another day hun and i'm sure next time you'll easily re-create the good parts of dressage (how he was going!) and the double clear...then you'll be off!!!

Don't beat yourself up....you did a fab round over a course which was causing carnage!!! You should be proud of that!!!

Gucci_b

Visit site
Arhh, Sis Big hugs for you and P, sorry i could'nt make it today to help out as yr number 1 groom (LOL)
smile.gif
Have a big glass of some thing.

molly7886

Visit site
Hi, think you must've been the lady we chatted to as we scurried round trying to walk xc course. Glad your day improved although very frustrating when 2 phases go well & you have a 'senior moment' on the other! Looking at the results there were very few going clear xc so you should take that as a positive. Unfortunately for us we were in the section that had lots of finishers ( B ,and a meanie dressage judge that gave us far worse score than I thought my boy deserved
frown.gif
) wish we'd been in D as only 13 jumped clear xc so we would've been placed! Hey ho. Hope you have a saner start time next time. Happy eventing

SpruceRI

Visit site
Oh no!!

I know exactly what you mean when the arenas are facing the wrong way! How dare they!!

Still, bodes well for going double clear as hardly any one did

x x