Border collie luvers!

niko

Visit site
Let me introduce the other pampered animal on four legs Niko, she's the most amazing dog (to me anyway)
untitled6.jpg

NikoPromo005.jpg

nikocrufts.jpg

She's now 4 and more intelligent than some people i know, i havent competed with her now for a year as i cant afford to do both but still train & she absolutely adores coming with me on the horse so she's still happy! O & shes not always that clean!

Blue-bear

Visit site
She is lovely (and very cleAN!!) and can only hope that mine turns out to be such a stunner. I can already tell she has intelligence on her side at 11 weeks old so hope fully this will prove promising! You cant beat a good collie in my opinion (although dont tell my lab that!)
what sort of competitions did you do with her?
laugh.gif

randompets013.jpg

niko

Visit site
Aww she is a wee beauty, just like Niko's brother! 11 weeks wow she is into everything i bet, mine chewed our house apart (luckily it was getting knocked down!) Niko does everything she has competed at crufts from 6mths old when she could qualify in obedience and agility and showing. She can also do flyball and herd ANYTHING! Multi talented but then you cant beat a collie for intelligence! Are you going to do anything with yours?

Blue-bear

Visit site
I would like to do some obedience and agility with her but i dont really know how to get started? and not sure how long i should wait before doing so? I have started basics with her, she has mastered sit and learning stay and lay down so were doing ok i think.

niko

Visit site
ideally you should start now or at 8wks, their brains are like a sponge at that age teach them but not overload, & always make it fun couple of steps of healwork or 'watch me' games & then tug games to play (cant throw balls in confined space!) look at some websites like obedeince Uk or agility net for clubs in your area the dogs love it!