Borderline Result on Equisal Tapeworm Test

Ljl

New User
Visit site
I recently did the Equisal test for tapeworm on my horse and it came back with a borderline result. I've bought some wormer online and will worm him as soon as it arrives. My question is, should I keep him in the stable until I've wormed him? As I said, the result was only borderline but I wouldn't want to risk infecting others in his field! He is stabled at night and out during the day. Also, if I do keep him in until he is wormed, should I keep him in for a day or two after as well?

Thanks!!

Jules19

Visit site
Have a look on the Equisal info sheet that came with the test. Pretty sure they say not to worm if it comes back at borderline level.

Jules19

Visit site
Sorry, you are right, our last one was 'low', I thought it was borderline! Even so, if he has been turned out with others up to this point, they have all been exposed to the same level of infection, a day or two is going to make no difference. I wouldn't keep in after worming, but I know people that do, so I won't offer advice on that bit. :)

Ljl

New User
Visit site
That's true! They are only a few of them in a very big field to be fair, so to be honest the chances of one of the others catching something isn't particularly high as they have lots of grass and aren't all clustered close together.