Bored after Surgery

paulineh

Visit site
My Spaniel has just had his Cruciate Ligament repaired. He will be spending a lot of time in his Crate. How do others keep their dogs entertained and not get bored.

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
Stuff a Kong with soaked kibble and freeze. Keeps them occupied for a while. Peanut butter smeared in a Kong or hollow bone also distracts them. Obviously, you need to watch their weight though.

Kylara

Visit site
Brocolli stalks are good for them. Nice to chew and good for their teeth.

Also if you have a rope toy (ball types work best) and some seriously low calorie mini treats, you can wedge them inbetween the strands of rope which keeps our intelligent and easily distracted dog entertained for quite a while. Especially good for box rest as directs chewing onto the right things and rewards.

Can make some puzzle boxes too which keep them entertained.

Clodagh

Visit site
I read somewhere that peanut butter was no longer safge due to a new additive? I can't remember what I read ot where but it rings a faint bell. Frozen cream cheese in a kong works too.

Sandstone1

Visit site
There is a additive in some cheap brand of peanut butter that's not good for dogs, but other brands are ok. Sorry the name of the additive escapes me at the moment but it will be easily found if you Google it.
Also look up Nina ottosan interactive dog toys.