Boss and Wildtrack horseboxes

vickie123

Visit site
I have a Boss horsebox and I love it. I’ve had it five years and it’s so reliable. I have a 3.9t with a little kitchen at the back with seating. It is a very quiet box and I don’t hear a peep out of my horses when they travel in it. Boss are really nice to deal with and very professional.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I had a BOSS lorry, I had the very first one they sold, it was brill, I carried a 600 kg ID and a 450kg polo pony, plenty of room, tack locker was brill, they can’t jump over BB as the end of the lorry is blocked with a partition.

Mrs G

Visit site
Ive heard good things about Boss and Bloomfields. Not heard such good things about Equitrek (from a horse transporter who found they didnt stand up to lots of use)...

Follysmum

Visit site
I had an original equitrek and found mine excellent. Recently made ones do not seem as good and I don’t think I would purchase another.
Bloomfields alexander and boss seem good and also have seen a few wildtrack boxes from whs world that look nice but not sure how they compare to others.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Equitrek are very flimsy compared to the others that you mention. The payload weights that are given by many of the 3.5 ton builders is the best that can be obtained. You must be strong & not have all the extras fitted because as they are fitted the payload tumbles. I know someone that had a Bloomfield built, They had a small living, fridge, heater etc & wheh it was all done there was just over 600kg of payload. It was jusr usable as they only carried a pony but with 2 adults & tack in the box really it would be overweight.

Mrs G

Visit site
Alexanders are another that I admit I havent personal experience of but a few friends have and it seems the general consensus is a bit 'style over substance'?

Hillpark

Visit site
Equitrek are very flimsy compared to the others that you mention. The payload weights that are given by many of the 3.5 ton builders is the best that can be obtained. You must be strong & not have all the extras fitted because as they are fitted the payload tumbles. I know someone that had a Bloomfield built, They had a small living, fridge, heater etc & wheh it was all done there was just over 600kg of payload. It was jusr usable as they only carried a pony but with 2 adults & tack in the box really it would be overweight.
Thats really good to know, we're looking at just adding box seats in the back, but need to sit on my hands with other 'nice to have' things

blodwyn1

Visit site
I have a marlborough cob that I had built in 2006 and it's still going strong with no problems touch wood!

Bernster

Visit site
When I was looking last year, I'd say Bloomfields def but they are top end and only to new builds. Boss I think got good reviews, as did Freddie Gover (who I went with and would recommend). 'Equi-wreck' is what I heard - not got a good rep. at all.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
At R.Windsor they have Bloomfield stand right next to Equitrek, not a good move....
It was very interesting to compare the brands 3.5s (and bigger) side by side, after close inspection there is absolutely no way I'd get the latter......

chaps89

Visit site
I had a Bloomfields as a self drive hire last year. It was lush. Drove nicely, pony loaded and travelled well. Hardest thing was the paranoia about not smashing/damaging a very expensive box!