BOSS Black Oil Sunflower Seed

Brenjack

Visit site
hi - forgive my ignorance but i hear a lot about BOSS and just wondered if you literally buy the sunflower seeds and feed as they are ie seeds.

So when I hear people say, for example - feed half a mug, they literally mean half a mug of seeds - is that correct?

Thanks for helping

Tia

Visit site
You buy them and feed them with shells intact.
smile.gif

Bugly

Visit site
Do you know the little plastic cups you get from IKEA? Mine get one of those a night...will try soaking now having read amandaco2's post.

BTW noticed that the price has gone up..used to be £16 for a big bag in Countrywide, bought some 2 weeks ago they were £19!. Still; good feet and shiny coats its cheap IMO

flyingfeet

Visit site
Humm Henny now have image of you sitting in a stable eating sunflower seeds batting rats off!!

I feed 2 mugs to my feet rehab old boy and one mug per day to my competiting boys.

Theresa_F

Visit site
My two - 15 hands and 17 hands chunky beast have a small coffee mug twice a day. Just chuck in their feeds and they munch away.

Thanks Tia, she recommended this and mine have lovely glossy and dark coats and feet like iron. Poor farrier groans when he trims them they are so tough now.

samstar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the little plastic cups you get from IKEA? Mine get one of those a night...will try soaking now having read amandaco2's post.

BTW noticed that the price has gone up..used to be £16 for a big bag in Countrywide, bought some 2 weeks ago they were £19!. Still; good feet and shiny coats its cheap IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

£13.50 today in mole valley farmers (big bag)

samstar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mine are £21.65 for a 20kg sack - does that mean you guys are buying smaller sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

just checked and yes are smaller bags at £13.50 for 13kg
But still works out cheaper per kilo
smile.gif