Bossy Bib Under Rugs

Piglet

Visit site
As the title says really, does anyone have any experience good or bad with Bossy Bibs under rugs as I am thinking of getting one to out under my rug to save it getting all greasy and rubbing my horse on the chest. I thought about just the bib but for £20 more you can get the whole thing

SuperH

Visit site
I tried one on one of mine. I had a problem with her lightweight turnout where the velcro would roll back and rub her so I thought a bib would be a temporary fix until I could get her a different rug. It didn't work at all, the loop was in the wrong place to attach to the front of the rug and if I left it 'unlooped' it just slipped. I know lots of people who love them though, it was just the wrong shape for my mare and rug combination. Once I got a rug that fitted her she hasn't been rubbed at all.

mushroom

Visit site
They are great and I have several of them .... however, the mane guard has not prevented my horse from losing her mane so sadly I can't recommend that one :(

Fun Times

Visit site
Crikey such mixed reviews. Im another that cant respond positively I'm afraid. If anything, the bib worsened the rubbing on the two horses I tried them on so personally wish I had never bothered.

autumn7

Visit site
HashRouge, sure you're not referring to the original Bossy's Bib neck rug? Think the OP means the new under rug liner which is a longer version. If so, I so nearly bought one but having spent money on a rival company's version which wouldn't stay put I didn't wish to repeat the error.

nuttychestnut

Visit site
I've just brought one has my horse is seriously bald in few areas. I haven't used my rug yet due to having to get the correct size. Very impressed with their customer services, nothing was too much trouble. In the end I had to go with a custom made rug as he was in between sizes. Even a custom made rug only took 3 days to arrive after I ordered. Wish every company was so easy to deal with.
The rug itself is fab quality, silkier than the rival company (I bet you can guess who!), don't want to put that company down as I have a lot of its fab products and their customer service is second to none.

Piglet

Visit site
Such positive replies, I have already ordered one (after the first couple of comments) and as my horse is in between, sizes they are sending me down a couple of testers to try them on, if they don't fit then they will make one. As others have said, fantastic customer service

Shay

Visit site
I'm another positive. You do have to be careful with sizing - but once you get the right size they really work. One of mine is between sizes, one takes a standard size. The only thing I would say is that the full neck mane guard one didn't stop his mane being rubbed out. I'm fairly sure it would have been worse had he not had the bib - but it didn't stop it entirely.