*bounce* we're off to Stonleigh!

Tr0uble

Visit site
What a day!

I've been a little down about dressage lately, feeling like I'm not good enough, and Rhythm has gone between struggling with stamina, and being a little GIT!

So I went with low expectations and I was very nervous. Rhythm was a superstar right from the off, he was chilled out at the lorry despite it being rammed and crowded (Trailblazers 2nd rounds!) and went into the warm up like he owned the place.

The warm up is tiny at this venue, so we always struggle a bit, but I just concentrated on getting him soft and supple and off my leg. I was really happy With the warm up, and for the first time in ages he carried that in to the test arena, and tried his heart out for me!

First test was Novice 27, and apart from the 10m half circles being a bit crap, it went well....thrilled to find we had come 1st on 66.07%!!

By the second test...the Trailblazer qualifier test, he was running out of juice and I could tell he was trying his hardest, but was getting heavier and lower in his frame. Despite this the test went smoothly, but I knew it wouldn't score as well as the first....the judge very fairly scored us 63.75%, and then I had the agonising wait while the rest of the class went...being a TB second round it was a big class...but I'm delighted to say we clung on to 5th place in the class...4th out of the TB section, so we are through! Off the Stonleigh Park we go!

I was so, so pleased with his attitude today, I'm still buzzing!

No pics, I'm afraid...we got video on OHs phone but can't get it off there to use :-( pro pics should be up in 48 hours.

Tr0uble

Visit site
But just because he's gorgeous, here's one of him waiting to go this morning!

null_zps1432df9d.jpg

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Well done - that's fab, you must be very pleased. In the absence of pictures I'm thinking that Rhythm is the big iron grey? :eek::)

ETA And clearly I cross posted, there he is in all his glory even if he is more dappled than I remembered. :) x

Tr0uble

Visit site
His dapples are really coming out now! I was looking through old pics of him yesterday and was amazed at the colour change!

Look how dark he was 18 months ago!
IMG_8808.jpg

Tiffany

Visit site
Well done - your boy looks lovely although I am a little bias owning a full ID mare.
She was dark dapply grey at 6 and now she's almost white :eek:

Last edited:

Tr0uble

Visit site
Yeah I think Tara plans to extend the warm up at some point....you have to have good steering in there!

Foxford

Visit site
Well done!!
I know I struggle with my IDs stamina sometimes - I find gallop work helps us out massively with this. They are big animals and it seems to be hard work for them sometimes. I also put mine on EnerG for a while too, just to make sure he had everything he needed. :)

Tr0uble

Visit site
Ooh, i might have to look a that!

Yeah I've been doing lots of hacking and uphill cantering etc to try and up his fitness lately. He's just so big that as soon as he starts to wane, he just goes all heavy and genuinely struggles. It''l come.

anna22

Visit site
He... is... STUNNING!!! I love his ears! I was always told by my riding school instructor that a horse with nice, long ears is a good one.
Glad he went so well, he really is beautiful :D

Tr0uble

Visit site
Haha ! His ears are funny in the videos...they are fixed on me the whole way round, right until the second I salute at the end...then they ping forwards!!!