Boxer x lab update + any last minute cat/dog introduction tips

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Just as an update, thought you'd like to know that the boxer x lab is coming to his new home tomorrow.

All research has been done, every last possible thing has been bought and he is booked onto dog training classes.

He passed his cat test, although a little more work is required. The plan for introductions has been thought through and dogs trust have also been very good with pointers.

Obviously, night before it all happens means excitement plus nerves as to how it will all go! Just to settle the nerves, any further tips or pointers would be great. Everything has been prepared, but it is just the "what ifs" that are floating round at the moment!

Once he is settled in, pictures will of course be posted!

Superhot

Visit site
Ooooh, how exciting. Good luck tomorrow. Perhaps keep a bottle of Bach's Rescue Remedy to help calm you and the dog down if needed!!!
Look forward to seeing some piccies when everything's settled.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Personally I leave them to get on with it, within reason. I always make sure cat has enough escape routes, so we use a stairgate to keep dogs down and allow cat up, cat flap or door open so cat can get away and up high. If the cat is already established in the family hopefully he will remain at the top of the pecking order and dog will learn its place (might need a few swipes from the cat to do so). Obviously dont allow things to excalate until a full scale dog/cat fight is underway but Ive always found trying to keep them apart causes more hassle and far better to let them find there own level. My dogs have always accepted our own cats in the house but will still chase any cheeky upstart that cuts through the garden and would certainly chase a cat if they came across one in the fields. Good luck and looking forward to seeing a pic of the new arrival.