Boys will be boys... and naughty ones at that!

Arniebear

Visit site
Why is it that the 5 yr old who has been on box rest for 6 months and only turned out for the last week can behave himself (a bit) and not smash through his electrified pen and escape BUT the 8 yr old who's out 8 hours a day and ridden 6 days a week smashes through the electrified pen releasing said was behaving 5 yr old!!! :mad:

I had to close my eyes last night at one point at the sheer speed the 5 yr old was careering around the big field he was not supposed to be in :eek: my vet would have a heart attack if he had seen it, its only been a week since he finally got the all clear to be on restricted turnout. Needless to say the boys have been split up and put in solitary confinement!! :D I am awaiting my friends bossy mare to arrive next week on livery as she will put the misbehaving boys back in their places! :D

I know the two of them only want to play but i just cant risk it with the 5 yr old atm so i ruined all their fun! :) The 8 yr old clearly knew he was in the dog house last night as he didn't even attempt to use any of his new found evasion tactics with me when schooling!! :D

Does anyone else have any scheming naughty geldings or is it just me?!

LisaS

Visit site
I have naughty gelding also, can undo the slide bolt on the stable door within 2 seconds of your back being turned to get something, then whoosh, he's off, thinks a game of hide and seek is hilarious !!

Looks over his shoulder to make sure you are getting real close, then legs it !