BPs - is Beta level 3 2009 required for 2016 unaff HT/ODEs etc?

Jnhuk

Visit site
Had just entered my first HT with my youngster in a baby class at a local PC XC event online in couple of weeks time, however when printed the schedule to send in the entry form as requested, they are stating all competitors BP must be BETA level 3 2009.

I was planning on replacing my current RS 2000 later this year when can find an event where can try them on or visit a tack shop that stocks them. However with no local racesafe stockists that can easily visit before this event and prefer to try on before buying rather than buying online.

Am I out of touch that this event is requesting beta purple label level 3 2009 or is that a just a PC thing? I suspect BE will require this standard soon but just wondering if going to need to do the upgrade sooner rather than later

Just never thought it would have affecting me entering a few unaff event

glamourpuss

Visit site
Anything run by a PC requires you to have a 2009 level 3 BP.
Like you say BE will follow suit eventually as well.

I fancied a nice little unaff run before my next BE....ended up spending £160 on a new BP 😭

Shay

Visit site
According to their website the RS 2000 is already Beta level 3. There are not that many BP's out there that are not. Before you rush off any buy a new one do check! If your BP has a purple label on it with BETA 2009 written in it then you should be fine. This isn't a new standard - its just that there have been a number of lightweight "fashion" type BPs released released recently which only pass to level 2. It should not be overly onerous to comply with.

Jnhuk

Visit site
The RS that I have is Beta level 3 from year 2000 but the PC are specifying it must be Beta Level 3 from year 2009

I have withdrawn from the HT and then I will avoid entering any other PC events this year as only just starting to do XC things with my youngster. I will upgrade my BP to level 3 2009 one later this year or beginning 2017 as I was wanting to compare the provent and RS2010 and/or possible their hybrids one of each once they are available

Pebble101

Visit site
RC still allow the 2000 Beta Level 3 but I understand that will be changing in the future, 2009 will still be OK - presumable the Pony Club have just done it earlier.

Jnhuk

Visit site
RC still allow the 2000 Beta Level 3 but I understand that will be changing in the future, 2009 will still be OK - presumable the Pony Club have just done it earlier.

Thanks, yes I know. PC are ahead of the curve with changing the BP requirements to later standard but not having kids or any real involvement with PC stuff I wasn't aware of it. Just caught me by surprise as the online entry form didn't specify it so just wondering if normal unaff stuff was the same or just the PC. Seems to be just PC just now so that's fine that I know now and not to enter until have changed my BP. :)