Bramham 2016 Thread

Custard Cream

Visit site
Trot up today at 4pm kicking the event off - can't wait!

This year we have two sponsored riders competing, so can't wait to see them in action. We're also fence judging on Saturday (Fence 10 in the CCI 3* - come and say hello) as well as sponsoring and choosing the Best Dressed Male & Female Riders at the trot up on Sunday morning.

Fingers crossed the weather holds!

The Olympic Squad will also be chosen after Bramham, so it's even more exciting to see who ends up in the top 3. Let the speculation commence!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
The olympic connection certainly might make Sunday a bit more gripping than usual!

I'll be there Fri-Sun although probably not full days for any of them unless I have the stamina!

ihatework

Visit site
Toying with trekking up to watch friend in CCI3*, but weather looking manky so might not go!
Do we know if there is a livestream anywhere?

Bernster

Visit site
Trot up today at 4pm kicking the event off - can't wait!

This year we have two sponsored riders competing, so can't wait to see them in action. We're also fence judging on Saturday (Fence 10 in the CCI 3* - come and say hello) as well as sponsoring and choosing the Best Dressed Male & Female Riders at the trot up on Sunday morning.

Fingers crossed the weather holds!

The Olympic Squad will also be chosen after Bramham, so it's even more exciting to see who ends up in the top 3. Let the speculation commence!

How exciting! Hope all goes well.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Toying with trekking up to watch friend in CCI3*, but weather looking manky so might not go!
Do we know if there is a livestream anywhere?

Oh you're right :( Weather forecast wasn't so bad at the start of the week. My enthusiasm is certainly dimmed in bad weather, especially as I'll be taking a toddler each day! Might just do a short day instead x

Custard Cream

Visit site
I wouldn't hold much score by the weather forecast - it's bound to change before then, it always does. They never seem to get it right oop north :)

Trot up is underway!

neddy man

Visit site
the forcast is very strange on monday the forcast was 70f/21c sunny all day tonights shows mostly rain,lets all go and enjoy ourself wet or dry you know yuo'll enjoy it, as CC says it will change again.

{97702}

Visit site
Italy have already chosen their team so I'm happy, V has nothing to prove :D Will be interesting to see what the selection will be, I thought selection was after Barbary Castle??

Branna

Visit site
Exciting to see how the selection class goes. The CIC class is running with XC saturday and trot up then SJ sunday so selectors can see how horses SJ the day after without having to do a long format CCI.

From what I can tell only the ERM class will be live streaming which will worth watching!

rosiesowner

Visit site
The course looks good this year, we had a course walk last night with Mary and Emily king who certainly gave some good insight to the course and how it might ride. I've got to say you couldn't pay me enough money to jump the last element of the combination near the little round house. A big old skinny brush perched off the ground in the middle of a big old ditch. No thanks :D:D

I'm excited for the ERM!! Myself and a few friends are going tomorrow to watch the stallion parade and do some shopping... The pony will be spoiled :eek::eek:

Lexi_

Visit site
We won tickets in the BE fence judges draw thing so we'll be there Fri, Sat & Sun. Can't wait!

Custard Cream, will it be weird if I sidle up to you and mutter your username? :D

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Actually, seeing what fence you're on, I'm not sure if I'll make it up that far, unless I walk past that way from the car park, I'm unlikely to make it to that point on the course with a toddler in tow!

teapot

Visit site
The CIC3* is def worth keeping an eye on.

All the ERM will be streamed online - dressage tomorrow, sj and xc on Saturday.

forumuser123

Visit site
Custard Cream, will it be weird if I sidle up to you and mutter your username? :D

When fence judging at the South of England last year I found myself shrieking at a lady walking the course "You must be HotToTrot!!". Luckily it was the very same forum member otherwise I could have found myself in a very embarrassing situation!

Custard Cream

Visit site
We won tickets in the BE fence judges draw thing so we'll be there Fri, Sat & Sun. Can't wait!

I would totally love it, especially if you brought actual custard creams with you!!

Currently soaking up the sun in the members watching the last of the day's dressage. Glorious weather. I'm taking advantage of being 30 weeks preggers and putting my swollen feet up!

Custard Cream

Visit site
BC0D00BA-7BFA-4E46-A2F0-E950D9CEEAE5_zps0vxalbg9.jpg

The lovely Harry Meade.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We're here too. Having a lovely time and hoping this weather continues for tomorrow at the very least. I want it cooler for xc as we have an elderly dog that might just make it round one more year if its cool, if not the top field with the Equitrek leap will probably be as far as we will get. If it's really bad we can see three fences from our caravan beds!

I thought there was some lovely British dressage today, it gave me more hope for a decent Olympic team. Lovely to see William and Chilli do a lovely test (Chilli wasn't helping, he was raring to go, William had to really ride him!) and also Pippa and Billy the Biz. Plus Gemma T being consistently on top form. Lots of other nice tests from Christina and Izzy too.

Anyone who sees a lobster coloured lady with two labs and a fluff ball say hi! Custard Cream I will say hello if Honey dog gets that far!

Lexi_

Visit site
I would totally love it, especially if you brought actual custard creams with you!!

Currently soaking up the sun in the members watching the last of the day's dressage. Glorious weather. I'm taking advantage of being 30 weeks preggers and putting my swollen feet up!

Challenge accepted :D

Custard Cream

Visit site
Just heading home. What a glorious day. Course looks amazing.

Much easier to drag oneself away from cocktail party when one isn't drinking!

I even asked the Pimms guys if they did a non alcoholic version. They laughed and offered me a lemonade with strawberry and cucumber!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Not so gorgeous today. �� I'm lying in the caravan with rain drumming on the roof trying to find some enthusiasm to go over to the dressage!

Lexi_

Visit site
We're on our way! Today's plan is to drink champagne in the rain. The weather shan't scupper our fun!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan. It's not torrential now, just rain, and the ground was good yesterday so hopefully it won't be too muddy.

Custard Cream

Visit site
No mud!

I'm ensconced in the Members pretending to be working on my laptop but actually just waiting for our second sponsored rider to come in after the coffee break :)

ihatework

Visit site
The livestream ERM coverage is great, I'm in office multitasking and given the weather I'm not going to trek hundreds of miles to camp in the rain in a 2 man tent!!! Will watch ERM tomorrow and catch up on some work instead.