Bramham 2017

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Did anyone go?

Dressage today was good, but, as at Badminton, some big ranges of marks between the judges. How can the judge at C see a 7 when the judge at H sees a 4!!

On another topic at Bramham, the Hunter show's ridden judge was a delight. He rode every horse kindly and even pulled down fences and helped eliminated working hunter competitors get over the fence before they left, despite the class running nearly two hours late.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
No, we decided that it was too wet, for us and the dogs. Never mind, Cool Coats, the dogs would have needed macs and wellies! Last year one of our dogs was on TV eating an ice cream, far too cold for that this year. As it happens the only car we have that is big enough for the dogs is in the garage, being mended, so we couldn't have taken them anyway.

I hope that you are not too wet and the forecast is right about the weather improving over the weekend.

AFB

Visit site
A judge at C has a totally different view to H - depending on the movement and where it's performed C could see straightness and mark up for that in comparison to H seeing uneven steps and marking down

teacups

Visit site
Queues for ice cream van as I left today - and although the marking seemed mostly consistent, I did see one where one judge gave a 2, and the others a 6.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Went today with 2 kids but no dog as that would break me.

Have tickets for tomorrow but don't think I'm going as it's forecast heavy rain all day and I can't deal with that and any kids! Probably go again on sunday.

Got a bargain today, kids toggi jodphur boots for £8 - brilliant! Saw Mike Tindall carrying his daughter on his leg as he walked, didn't recognise him til after he'd gone past just thought that that guy must have strong legs, which of course he does lol

Orangehorse

Visit site
I would love to go to Bramham again, it is YEARS since I went. You can tell how long because we were walking the course for the Novice at the same time as Princess Anne (yes) was walking the advanced and my dog was trying to be friends with her two black Labradors. They simply put their noses up in the air and wouldn't have anything to do with her!

But someone else said "Oh, hello, your from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I recognised your dog.!"

That was the time I saw Lars Seederhom schooling a horse and I have never seen such a transformation between him and its usual rider!

Novice 3 day events aren't run anymore, which is a good thing.

teacups

Visit site
Stencilface, the forecast now seems to be for the weather to dry up around 3 p.m. if that's still any good or if you're very close by. At least the forecast for tomorrow is nice. I saw Zara Tindall compete - nice that they came as a family!

Chiffy

Visit site
My daughter is camping there with friends for her hen party!!

I have just watched the CCI on live stream, CIC to start shortly.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Stencilface, the forecast now seems to be for the weather to dry up around 3 p.m. if that's still any good or if you're very close by. At least the forecast for tomorrow is nice. I saw Zara Tindall compete - nice that they came as a family!

I think the Tindalls come across as a very nice normal family, Zara always has, so is her mum really.

I'm nearby enough (2 miles away) but my mum gave my ticket away lol. I'll be there tomorrow when it's nice.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
No, we decided that it was too wet, for us and the dogs. Never mind, Cool Coats, the dogs would have needed macs and wellies! Last year one of our dogs was on TV eating an ice cream, far too cold for that this year. As it happens the only car we have that is big enough for the dogs is in the garage, being mended, so we couldn't have taken them anyway.

I hope that you are not too wet and the forecast is right about the weather improving over the weekend.

I only went on Thursday, we're not camping this year as I had other commitments yesterday (first time not camping in 8yrs). The weather was ok on Thursday, much better than over our way. I had my brolly up in the morning a bit, but there was a lot of sun too.

Loving the live stream Xc though, it makes up for not being there.

And yes a judge at c and h see slightly different things, but four marks different?? Pammy Hurton said that wasn't good marking on her Badminton commentary..

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Stencil face, I didn't even think you'd be there with a new baby or I'd have let you know I was going, sorry.

I didn't go on Thursday as I'm strictly a fair weather spectator these days! It's my wedding anniversary today so need to convince the oh to be sociable and come this afternoon with me. After he's been for a bike ride and cut the grass, still with the early starts you get with kids at least you make the most of the day :D

Then I need to buy some rhubarb gin for my dad in fathers day

teacups

Visit site
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary: a visit to Bramham must be an excellent way to celebrate it, surely? My OH said it was too windy for cycling today (strictly a fairweather cyclist) but unfortunately we have other things on so can't go and watch. Enjoyed the livestream XC though.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I didn't go on Thursday as I'm strictly a fair weather spectator these days! It's my wedding anniversary today so need to convince the oh to be sociable and come this afternoon with me. After he's been for a bike ride and cut the grass, still with the early starts you get with kids at least you make the most of the day :D

Then I need to buy some rhubarb gin for my dad in fathers day

I like the sound of rhubarb gin!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Alas it's a rhubarb gin liqueur but still very tasty and my dad will like it I hope. Might make a nice cocktail.

So pleased that Japan had their first ever win at 3 star, I think it's always nice when someone a bit more unknown does well.

The oh did go cycling (he has a 100mile sportive in 2 weeks) and i think separately we had a lovely anniversary :D

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Alas it's a rhubarb gin liqueur but still very tasty and my dad will like it I hope. Might make a nice cocktail.

So pleased that Japan had their first ever win at 3 star, I think it's always nice when someone a bit more unknown does well.

The oh did go cycling (he has a 100mile sportive in 2 weeks) and i think separately we had a lovely anniversary :D

rhubarb gin liqueur sounds wonderful :)
Nice to see a new winner, though I did feel gutted for Gemma losing it in the showjumping after leading all the way through.

sjb10

Visit site
Enjoyed the BE-tv service on the Saturday. there were one or two hiccups along the way, but it is fantastic to have it for free :)