BRC Champs, Lincoln (and a question about Northallerton)

Zeb93

Visit site
Found out today that I have qualified for the rider test at the NAF Summer Champs :) (thought I had but the qualifiers were badly run and they didn't know the rules so couldnt tell me for certain because I was an individual not team) But anyway YAY !

Does anyone know if there is warm up classes for the dressage? Trying to decide if it's worth going 7 hours (!) for one test! People who have been before, is it a good atmosphere as an individual/whats the stabling like/would you recommend going.... (any info helpful)

One option is to come back via BD at Northallerton (potentially stable overnight there) so it isn't all that way for one class. What is it like as a venue, is it worth it for BD?

Any help/ gentle shoving in the right direction much appreciated!

Gamebird

Visit site
Not going to be much help as although I've competed at BRC Champs at Lincoln have just travelled for the day. There won't be a warm-up class though. I've stabled there for BE in the permanent showground stabling which is wooden and fairly small boxes. They also import temporary stabling for the BRC Champs which is basically the same stabling you get everywhere. The atmosphere will be pretty good! I've been to BRC Champs at other venues as an individual and always found a group/team to tag onto for a BBQ/drinking etc.
I'll be there for the Elem and Med this year, but only live just over half an hour away now so won't be stabling!

Northallerton is a nice venue for BD :)

Britestar

Visit site
We have three from our club travelling for 12hrs to do the style jumping just because they love the show and atmosphere so much. Fourth rider gets to do a dressage test too.
No warm up classes. Treat it as a short break.

ann-jen

Visit site
Northallerton is a lovely venue, nice people and great facilities. I find the surface in the outdoor variable, sometimes it rides a bit deep, and sometimes its perfect! I think it depends how much rain there has been..... saying that I was jumping there a month or so ago and it was a boiling hot day and the surface was perfect then! So who knows :-/

legend22

Visit site
Nice to go (and do enjoy it when there) and have been lucky enough to on quite a few occasions, but didn't even bother entering the qualifiers this year, as have to say it is a long way for just one test. It's a shame they can't move around the Champs every few years as there as so many venues now available just to share the travelling round.

Eventer96

twitter.com
I have qualified again this year! I went up last year for the first time. I'm doing the junior Novice and Elementary as an individual. Last year we had 3 teams up at championships so it was a great team spirit and the evening was spent in a very good way! The atmosphere is great, in my opinion better than PC Champs last year! If there are a load of individuals off HHO going then it maybe an idea to have a meet up so nobody is on their own. The stabling is just your general temporary stabling that you find at most events. We are traveling 4 hours for the two tests but as it's my last year before university I will definitely be going. Congratulations on qualifying! :D

noname

Visit site
Has anyone else from your club qualified to do any other dressage or jmping?? If so you could do the teams of 4 dressage. (All four of you at the same time like a quadrille). Its a set test, novice level, and anyone who has qualified for lincoln can do compete. That way your not going for one test! Also worth considering that they are very slow with the scoring so if you want to go somewhere else afterwards it might not work out!

Zeb93

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, think I will head down. Bit disappointing about the lack of warm up classes but will head to Northallerton on Sunday to make the trip worth while and break the travelling up a bit :)

Noname - no I am the only one from my club going, we had a really poor turn out for qualifiers this year, so sadly won't be able to do the team of 4 or that would have been an option!

Pebble - it wasn't that they didn't tell me, if that had been clear it would have been fine. It was that they got the results completely wrong, told the wrong people they had qualified and then took 7 weeks to work out who was really meant to have qualified!

Pebble101

Visit site
Pebble - it wasn't that they didn't tell me, if that had been clear it would have been fine. It was that they got the results completely wrong, told the wrong people they had qualified and then took 7 weeks to work out who was really meant to have qualified!

Ok if results are wrong.

However checks are done by HO once they get the results and it is they who send the letter inviting you to the final. They could have found an irregularity with someone which alters everything so those who thought they might have qualified don't and vice versa. It's why you should not be told on the day whether or not you have qualified.

Or someone further up has decided not to go so the invite goes down the line which is why I only had very short notice when I went.

Last edited: