BRC eventing Eligibility - MISPRINT IN RIDER MAGAZINE.

Zebedee

Visit site
There is a misprint in the latest edition of Rider Magazine, with regard to the eligibility for BRC horse trials.
I'm going to have to get the 2009 rulebook & copy out the correct info, but in the meantime can I ask those who are confused & concerned just to hang fire while the worlds slowest typist (me !!) posts it on here to clarify things.
(For those of you querying as to why the rules get changed it is in direct response to feedback from members, not just on a whim).

Zebedee

Visit site
Junior Novice (85cm) 0 points, (horses with up to five points may compete but will be penalised by one extra penalty point for each point over the zero allowance).
Junior Intermediate (BE Pre novice level) 0 - 20 points.

Senior Novice (85 cms) 0 points
Senior Intermediate (BE Pre Nov) 0 points (horses with up to five points may compete but will be penalised by one extra penalty point for each point over the zero allowance) Horses should also not have COMPLETED a BE novice in the current year.
Senior Open (BE Novice Level) Horses allowed up to 21 BE points. Horse with 21 - 60ponts may compete (either as individuals or up to two team members) but will be penalised by one point for each BE point over the 21 point allowance.

Remember horse eligibility is at close of preliminary entry (21 days prior to area qual.), & restrictions on higher levels that horses can compete at have been put in place to keep the competitons as fair as possible for the RC members that they are aimed at.

Disclaimer. This post has been made in good faith & to the best of my knowledge is accurate, but the author accepts no responsibility for any error within it.
Full details are in the 2009 rulebook, but I am happy to answer any further queries if anyone has any.

PS. It didn't take even me an hour to type the above...but there's was a lot of other stuff going on as well while I was trying to do it !!

kick_On

Visit site
thanks Z for typing
grin.gif
grin.gif

and

OOOOOOOOOOOOOphs in checking department of magazine!!!

tiger_feet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Junior Novice (85cm) 0 points, (horses with up to five points may compete but will be penalised by one extra penalty point for each point over the zero allowance).
Junior Intermediate (BE Pre novice level) 0 - 20 points.

Senior Novice (85 cms) 0 points
Senior Intermediate (BE Pre Nov) 0 points (horses with up to five points may compete but will be penalised by one extra penalty point for each point over the zero allowance) Horses should also not have COMPLETED a BE novice in the current year.
Senior Open (BE Novice Level) Horses allowed up to 21 BE points. Horse with 21 - 60ponts may compete (either as individuals or up to two team members) but will be penalised by one point for each BE point over the 21 point allowance.

Remember horse eligibility is at close of preliminary entry (21 days prior to area qual.), & restrictions on higher levels that horses can compete at have been put in place to keep the competitons as fair as possible for the RC members that they are aimed at.

Disclaimer. This post has been made in good faith & to the best of my knowledge is accurate, but the author accepts no responsibility for any error within it.
Full details are in the 2009 rulebook, but I am happy to answer any further queries if anyone has any.

PS. It didn't take even me an hour to type the above...but there's was a lot of other stuff going on as well while I was trying to do it !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this - I was looking at horse and rider eligibility today with the information on the BRC website - bad practice that they haven't got the recent rule changes on there though!!!!!!!
mad.gif

http://www.bhs.org.uk/_Attachments/Resources/2075_S4.pdf

Zebedee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There was talk of the BRC finally putting the rule book on the website - however no sign of any upgrades thus far!

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have said in the past the BRC rulebook will be available online when the new BHS website is launched. BRC do not have their own website - it is part of the BHS one & the existing one simply won't support that much information.
As soon as it's available online you'll be one of the first to know !!

In the meantime if anyone has any urgent enquiries & hasn't got access to this years rulebook they should contact their club / area officers who are sent copies, or PM me on here if they want. I'm always more than happy to help - but may not be on here every day !!