Break the law

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
The courts have interpreted flushing out to mean just getting the animal out of cover, not the subsequent chase. Even that alone will be illegal if the animal isn't shot.

What I've been doing which is to walk my dogs through a wood, thereby knowingly and flushing out animals which I then prevent the dogs from chasing but also refuse to shoot is a crime.

But hang on, how can I walk my dogs through my wood without flushing out a deer?

The stag hounds will now almost certainly face prosecution ifhey've been interpreting flushing out as flushing ie including the chase.

Hunting is probably now completely stuffed. The only way to save it is mass civil disobedience. But this disobedience should be done by flushing, not chasing and refusing to shoot. Anyone with a doig can go out and do this, they don't even have to find an animal to be guilty. The police won't do any thing because they know the law is absurd.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Good as my word I've notified the police that I'm off up to Exmoor to flush out deer which I'll refuse to shoot.

Let's see what happens, nothing I suspect.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Thats fine RS as long as the law isn't made to apply to everyone, just as a tool to persecute people.

It's important to have laws that unimportant people can break whenever they like as I'm sure you'll agree. It's how they don't apply it that is the true test of a law.

BTW I spent a lovely afternoone hunting deer up round Simonsbath. Perfect.

We used to have a principle that everyone was equal under the law. You've obviously abandoned that. That's the first step to fascism.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
You see wooly Liberals like me see the law as something that should clearly demarkate things that are wrong and should apply to everyone equally.

People like you want it to be woolly and applied slectively to people on the basis of prejudice by organisations with enough money to throw at persecuting people they don't like.

Fine if that's they way you want it, stuff the law.

You don't give a damn about animal welfare that's why you're so desperate for all the foxes the hunt flush to be killed. All you're interested in is persecuting people.

No doubt in future the Exmoor will enmploy a line of guns so that all the foxes get shot. Yippeeee!

redthing

New User
Visit site
You are Giles Bradshaw and I claim my 5 pounds (yawn...)

You lose...

You could at least try to make your posts vaguely dissimilar to your rants in the papers. But no - You don't have the wit for that. Anyway, weren't you told to pipe down, otherwise you'd be prosecuted?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"Anyway, weren't you told to pipe down, otherwise you'd be prosecuted? "

No I was told that I won't be prosecuted because it wouldn't be inthe public interest. What that basically means is that what I do shouldn't be illegal. I assume you agree or do you think I should shoot those deer?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"Carry on like this AA and the police will solve the problem for you - by confiscating your dogs! LOL! "

No chance of that I can deliberately break the law as much as I like. Can't I?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Just for the record, why in your opinion should I have to shoot the deer I flush out?

Don't you think it would be better for them to escape?

If you can't answer this, dont.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
The answer is no. I will carry on flushing them out. I will let them escapoe because I choose not to obey the law that you celebrate that says they have to be shot.

Do you think I should shoot the deer?

Do you agree with the law that says they have to be shot?

Do you agree with LACS when they say Tony Wright should have had a whole line of guns to kill five out of five foxes?

I don't disturb them for the hell of it I flush them out of my coppice to stop them destroying it.

What exactly is the problem with my refusing to kill animals?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I own my patch of willow coppice that I flush deer from.

Yes I've hunted at baronsdown but that WAS just for fun. They did seem to get a boit annoyed about it.

I'm going to hunt deer with my dogs this evening. There's nothing you can do to stop me. If you report me to the police they won't do anything.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I treated the sanctury with utmost repsect and stucj to the footpath.

Would you actually report me for hunting. I'm going to go and illegally hunt deer with dogs on my own land tonight.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I wasn't taken to court for hunting. The manager found the idea of me walking my dog across his sancturyt intimidationg.

It's completely obvious that you don't agree with the law either!

L O L

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Why get pleasure from walking my dog? What are you on about?

I have no respect for idiots.

What do you think I should do to stop my dog flushing out and driving away a deer if we encounted one. Do you think people should have a right to take their dogs on a right of way across a deer sanctury?

Exmoor_Blairite

Visit site
I don't think you should be allowed to scare deer with your dogs "just for fun", to use your expression. Any civilised person who had a modicum of respect for wild animals would find other ways to have fun.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Do you think I should be allowed to scare deer with my dogs to keep them out of my coppiced woodland.

In my opinion its a more welfare freindly method than shooting them.

I also enjoy it. Not being cruel but going out with my dogs, taking them round the woodland and searching for and finding deer.

Does that make it wrong?

What do you think?