Breaking in a Section A

LuandLu24

Visit site
I have a field ornament a-hole section A pony. He’s about 6 and I want him to do More than eat and poo as I want to eventually loan him to a child, once he learns that biting knee caps is unexceptable. I weigh around 9 and 1/2 stone so I won’t be breaking him in.

How do you go about breaking these little creatures in? Do you find a small adult? A confident child? Help.

yhanni

Visit site
Where are you? I know a fab girl over in Wales who does a lot of breaking - she is really good, tiny and does a lot of racehorse breaking. I would recommend her wholeheartedly.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have a field ornament a-hole section A pony. He’s about 6 and I want him to do More than eat and poo as I want to eventually loan him to a child, once he learns that biting knee caps is unexceptable. I weigh around 9 and 1/2 stone so I won’t be breaking him in.

How do you go about breaking these little creatures in? Do you find a small adult? A confident child? Help.

A guy next door broke mine in and he is about that weight, he wasn't on her back for long but just long enough each time. I did most if not all the ground work at the beginning including biting and saddle and he just did the ride part. I would do it yourself with help if your experienced enough and have someone to help but do all the groundwork first.

Lintel

Visit site
Find a small and willing adult :)
Love breaking in little ones... so much fun and less far to fall! Where are you OP?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Do the groundwork yourself then get someone to finish the backing. I sent my 13h away for 2 weeks, and since have paid someone to come most weeks to ride him. We now hack out together and I lunge him once or twice a week. I'm losing weight to ride him and do sit on for 5 mins sometimes just for the practise for him and he carries me fine. I'm about 10 stone

Orangehorse

Visit site
You could do a lot of "spook busting" things like the Horse Agility obstacles, in hand. Leading over poles, over tarpurlin, through a maze of poles, standing still in a circle, seeing flags flapping, getting used to rugs on and things trailing round their back legs.